Apps Are Not Working In The Background

GreenAndroidRobot

May 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a S10+ (after upgrading from an S3).

I haven't altered power saving settings etc, sticking with default settings.

I am finding that apps that are needed to run in the background, are not doing so.

For example, the Ebay app will make a sound when an item on Ebay sells. However for me to hear the notification sound, I need to actually open the Ebay app, and only then will it make the sound.

It makes no difference if I restart the phone, reinstall the app, manually start the app after restarting the phone - the same issue occurs after a lapse of time. This also seems to affect other apps that are required to work in the background.

I have seen 3rd party apps that will start a particular app and keep it active, but I am sure something like this is not required.

The S3 did not experience this issue at all.

Any suggestions appreciated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a S10+ (after upgrading from an S3).

I haven't altered power saving settings etc, sticking with default settings.

I am finding that apps that are needed to run in the background, are not doing so.

For example, the Ebay app will make a sound when an item on Ebay sells. However for me to hear the notification sound, I need to actually open the Ebay app, and only then will it make the sound.

It makes no difference if I restart the phone, reinstall the app, manually start the app after restarting the phone - the same issue occurs after a lapse of time. This also seems to affect other apps that are required to work in the background.

I have seen 3rd party apps that will start a particular app and keep it active, but I am sure something like this is not required.

The S3 did not experience this issue at all.

Any suggestions appreciated.
I would try taking those apps out of battery optimization see what happens

GreenAndroidRobot

May 15, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion.

So, anyone know how to take apps out of battery optimization? I have searched, but cannot find anything specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S10.

I can't find a don't optimize option.

I can go settings > device care > battery but there are no options here for removing apps from battery optimization.

I can see that the Android Adaptive Battery Feature is enabled, despite the fact that this feature is supposed to have been turned off by Samsung by default.

It looks like the default optimization in Device Care, runs once a day, and closes Apps to preserve battery life.

GreenAndroidRobot

May 15, 2019
Visit site
Further to my previous post, this may answer my own question.

Special Access > Optimise Battery Usage

A list of 'Apps not optimised' will be shown

Change the filter to show 'All' (Apps Optimised + Apps Not Optimised)

There is a toggle switch next to each app.

I hope this resolves my issue. I am surprised that more people are not experiencing the same issues as myself, considering that I have not altered default settings.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Oh, I've been experiencing this problem since my S9+.

The "optimization off" switch with Android O and P doesn't seem to work at all. It's EXTREMELY aggressive, ALL the time for ALL apps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality38