Apps crashing after 4.4 KitKat update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apps crashing after kitkat update

Good thing to try. Also, which apps are crashing? Any time there's a major update, there's always an uptick in app crashes due to some kind of incompatibility.

Posted via Android Central App

acgarcia81

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Applications that are crashing on 4.4.2
- Accuweather - Crashes when selecting the GPS location icon on the upper right.
- ESPN FFL - Scrolling and selecting issues on the Scoreboard screen.

These are the issues I'm seeing so far. Hope these companies get these fixed soon.

Dagwan

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Almost every app has crashed on my Galaxy s3. Games: Megapolis, minecraft, Subway Surfers, etc.; Furby app, accuweather app, Play Store.

The crashing is epidemic, and only since the latest update.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
what to do..??
Welcome to the forums!

The best thing to do is to send the developer an email outlining:
- the problem you're having
- the circumstances under which it occurs
- how often it occurs
- particulars about your device (model number; Android version; rooted/unrooted; etc)
- app version and what you've tried to resolve the problem

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Bionik-58

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Almost every app has crashed on my Galaxy s3. Games: Megapolis, minecraft, Subway Surfers, etc.; Furby app, accuweather app, Play Store.

The crashing is epidemic, and only since the latest update.

Confirming crashes on S3. Youtube mainly... videos seem to glich and say "please try again" you can click to get out of Youtube and your phone will be frozen 10-30 seconds. Phone also makes a popping noises through the speaker when clicking in certain apps and by far my biggest annoyance is the lock screen notifications. Turning off preview makes it to where you cant see in the drop down as it used to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci