Apps vanishing

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find it. Basically what happens is on my sons OG Droid his apps vanish. It happens all the time. Usually its after playing games but never the same game. Is this a common problem and can it be fixed? Sometimes the apps return on their own and other times the phone has to be rebooted. Thanks.

crazins

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted droid and suspect hes having the same problem i get. sometimes when im doing somthing thats processor and memory demanding it and i exit then open the app drawer it is slow to load, apps show up slowly one at a time. by simply waiting all the apps show up again. but i have an og droid rooted and overclocked so mine probably return faster than your sons. he just needs to be patient until the processor can catch up. try putting a task killer on the phone and killing what ever the last app he was in after using it. remember OG droid is old its processor only runs at about 550 mhz where as i run mine at 12500 mhz.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted droid and suspect hes having the same problem i get. sometimes when im doing somthing thats processor and memory demanding it and i exit then open the app drawer it is slow to load, apps show up slowly one at a time. by simply waiting all the apps show up again. but i have an og droid rooted and overclocked so mine probably return faster than your sons. he just needs to be patient until the processor can catch up. try putting a task killer on the phone and killing what ever the last app he was in after using it. remember OG droid is old its processor only runs at about 550 mhz where as i run mine at 12500 mhz.

12500Mhz?!?!?! Lulz

I wish I could OC mine that fast ;)

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find it. Basically what happens is on my sons OG Droid his apps vanish. It happens all the time. Usually its after playing games but never the same game. Is this a common problem and can it be fixed? Sometimes the apps return on their own and other times the phone has to be rebooted. Thanks.

It is called "redraw" it is a pretty big problem with these phones...just have your son take icons and Widgets off his home screen he doesn't use that often because that stuff takes up a pretty big amount of the small amount of RAM this phone has. Have him do that and he will see a significant difference in redraw times...it might even go away pretty much altogether.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronaldkaran