AptX - does the note have it?

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
While I am never concerned with the single speaker on my Note, I do love AptX quality music streamed to my Soundmatters bluetooth speakers

Can anyone inform here?

This phone is over the top goodness - Sammie you did well.......... you did very well.........

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response

I read the referenced thread earlier and it seems inconclusive except for the last part where a Samsung representative at a Best Buy says it does............

Stull not sure is AptX is part of the Note 8 goodness........

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your response

I read the referenced thread earlier and it seems inconclusive except for the last part where a Samsung representative at a Best Buy says it does............

No problem. Sorry. I'm clueless on this subject obviously:(:)

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
According to Qualcomm the Note 8 has AptX HD. I'm skeptical though. There is an article on their website in the news release section. For some reason I can't copy the link.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response

did you read the second post in that linked thread where i said i have the note8 and can verify that it does support aptX? it does not have aptx hd though

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
did you read the second post in that linked thread where i said i have the note8 and can verify that it does support aptX? it does not have aptx hd though

It actually does have AptXHD. The day it was announced Qualcomm announced it supported the HD version.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It actually does have AptXHD. The day it was announced Qualcomm announced it supported the HD version.
It supports but not necessarily enabled, which I do not know the answer to. Especially since Samsung has the UQHD over Bluetooth feature that AFAIK only works with Level headsets.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, there are some higher end Bluetooth headphones that show which codec they are connected with. This is probably the only way we will get a definitive answer. Anyone have a set of them?

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth (and likely not much) I had a chat with Samsung this morning, and they told me the Note 8 has Apt X but not Apt X HD.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Good to know it has at least a version of AptX.

Remember, even if the phone is AptX capable the Bluetooth speaker must have AptX to provide premium near CD like expansive quality sound.

My Bluetooth speakers from Soundmatters are AptX capable!!!!!

Loving this sleek Black Note 8 More and more each day!!!

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know that I can answer that question competently!

If the phone is capacitated for AptX and my Soundmatters is as well, I postulate that it is indeed working.........unless I need to override Sammie's native software......

Can anyone help here??

Love this community and all the help and love my Note 8 even more !!!!!!!

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
as i mentioned above, i posted in that other thread that i have one of those headsets that indicates codec in use (audio technica dsr9bt) and i can only get it to connect to my note 8 with aptx. it will not connect using aptx hd like they did with my LG G6. if the hardware on the note8is aptxhd capable, it is not enabled in samsung's software.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That is the real world information that I was looking for. Thank you! I will now stop considering buying new headphones just to get the AptX HD. My current Sony cans have AptX.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
That is the real world information that I was looking for. Thank you! I will now stop considering buying new headphones just to get the AptX HD. My current Sony cans have AptX.

even if the note 8 supported hd, if you're streaming 320k music, it will sound the same. i use google play music and it sounded the same on my G6 as it does on my note 8 with these audio techinicas. if you arent streaming hi-res music you can probably do without aptxhd. that said, these still sound better than any other headphone ive used (bose qc35, sony 1000x, b&w p7)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky