Are there themes preinstalled? If not, how can I get them?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by themes preinstalled? If you want to change how your phone looks, you have a lot of options without rooting.

1. Use SprintID: these are preconfigured themes you can download and use. Just hit your SprintID icon and follow the directions (personally I've never used it).

2. Go to the Market and download a new live wallpaper. It's amazing how much this can change the look of your phone. Stick to the popular ones; they'll be the least likely to invoke abnormal battery drain.

3. If you're feeling a little more adventurous, install an alternate launcher like ADW, GoLauncher, or Launcher Plus (all free, but most have paid/donation versions as well). These will allow you to change all sorts of things on how your phone looks and behaves. They can be a little intimidating at first, but just play with the options and available themes (there are a ton for all of them). You can have a different look every day of the week if you so desire.

Good luck and have fun!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
1. Use SprintID: these are preconfigured themes you can download and use. Just hit your SprintID icon and follow the directions (personally I've never used it).

I tried SprintID when I first got my MoPho and all it did was download apps based on the category I chose. I thought it was going to theme my phone but it didn't :(

Reactions: Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried SprintID when I first got my MoPho and all it did was download apps based on the category I chose. I thought it was going to theme my phone but it didn't :(

Well that's a bummer. I understood it had themes as well, but again, never used it myself. I prefer customizing through launchers anyway. :)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Well that's a bummer. I understood it had themes as well, but again, never used it myself. I prefer customizing through launchers anyway. :)
I thought it would have themed my phone too. I'm currently using SPB Shell anyway so it's no biggie for me :)

Dumb newbie question here: What is a "theme"?

Thanks.
Themes typically change the look and feel of your phone's UI. Some themes offer different icons and menus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gashead