Are you completely satisfied with your GSII?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Its been out now for 2.5 months so lets here how satisfied people are with the device. Has performance improved with the update to 2.3.6? How many jumped to the Skyrocket and noticed a performance difference? Let's here it...

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Came from an Inspire 4G, liking my GS2 ;)
Too early to tell on 2.3.6, but no complaints so far

Care to compare and contrast the performance between those two devices? I used the HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile for a while and experienced quite a lot of lag. I also used the EVO 3D and experienced some stuttering and lag.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Care to compare and contrast the performance between those two devices? I used the HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile for a while and experienced quite a lot of lag. I also used the EVO 3D and experienced some stuttering and lag.

GS2 vs. Inspire 4G My user experience
Screen, colors, brillance: GS2
Weight: GS2, Inspire feels like a brick/GS almost feels to light in comparison
Width: GS2
Snappiness of OS: GS2
Battery Life: Slight edge to the GS2 although both stock batteries performed well for me

I am by no means an expert, but an every day light to medium user who uses his phone to read and send emails, texts, listen to music and surf the web, and FB.

Reactions: woodmanone

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
GS2 vs. Inspire 4G My user experience
Screen, colors, brillance: GS2
Weight: GS2, Inspire feels like a brick/GS almost feels to light in comparison
Width: GS2
Snappiness of OS: GS2
Battery Life: Slight edge to the GS2 although both stock batteries performed well for me

I am by no means an expert, but an every day light to medium user who uses his phone to read and send emails, texts, listen to music and surf the web, and FB.

I just got mine today and can't wait to compare and contrast it to the iPhone 4s.

slvrevoix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Owned---Droid 1 , Droid x, fascinate, incredible 2, charge, infuse, sgsii.

This phone is the only phone that has been perfect for me. Fast, no hiccups, never a dropped call, this phone just works and I can't wait to buy the next rendition :)

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've always had iPhones, and before that Windows phones... I love the SGII. The AT&T version is the best one, perfect size with the 4.3" screen.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
My i777 is my second android phone, previous was my Captivate and all I can say the Captivate was a great phone once it had an i9000 rom, the sgs2 i777 is a great device whether it is stock or custom f/w. Never did my phone lag at all, the only lag problems was with one app *maildroid pro 2.22*, got rid of it and went back to 2.19 works perfectly. My phone did fail to get the latest ota of uckk6 but I resolved that by installing UnNamed 2.1.1 and now on UnNamed 2.2.1 and still getting 18 - 30+ hours of battery life. Today I have made it to 19.5 hours on moderate to heavy usage so, a win in my book for uckk6 UnNamed build. Now all the phone needs is a solid build of ICS and it will be perfect!

HTH,
Charlie

Blackjack55345

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Completely satisfied as well. Came from a Samsung Focus (Windows Phone 7). Of course I miss some things from Windows Phone 7, but I'm very satisfied with this phone. 4.3 inch screen seems to be the sweet spot.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I got mine 2 days ago. Very nice phone. My only gripe has been the battery life. I'm only using wifi, and just letting it sit and getting very poor usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latz333

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Blackberry Torch and performed a lot of research before I settled on the SGII. I have to say that I am very happy with my decision and have asked myself "what took so long" a number of times in the past four weeks. Android took some getting used to but the SGII is an amazing device. It is everything I hoped it would be and more.

mcl5000

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I was very close to satisfied, but the 2.3.6 update has dropped the love by a few notches.

I absolutely loved this phone until I updated to 2.3.6.

Assuming Samsung fixes the insane battery drain, I'll be back to loving it. Recommend it to anybody I know in the market for a new phone. Just don't update it.

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love my phone. I purchased on release day...October 2nd and have been happy ever since. I did detour for about 2 days when the Skyrocket came out. I traded in and got the Skyrocket, but I just didn't like it as much as the original. Reasonable minds can disagree, but the Skyrocket did not feel as quick and light as the original and the 4.5 inch screen really did make a difference for me. So, i went back to the SGSII and have been in love ever since.

At first my battery life was not great, but a few things fixed that. 1) i gave the battery time to wear in...that took about a week 2) I took the advice of many people here and changed some settings like turning off background sync and 3) I downloaded Juice Defender and bought the ultimate version.....this has made a huge difference. I can go all day with very heavy usage, 24 hours with medium usage and 36 hours with light to medium usage.

I love this phone. It is by far the best one I've owned and I'll look to purchase the next version when available.

eban44

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something about Juice Defender? When I used it, I hated it. All it did was turn off my mobile network when it was in my pocket. Which means I couldn't get phone calls, txt, etc unless I unlocked the phone. What is the point in that? Why would I carry a phone around that in theory doesn't get signal???

Please clarify, if I am missing something.

I absolutely love my phone. I purchased on release day...October 2nd and have been happy ever since. I did detour for about 2 days when the Skyrocket came out. I traded in and got the Skyrocket, but I just didn't like it as much as the original. Reasonable minds can disagree, but the Skyrocket did not feel as quick and light as the original and the 4.5 inch screen really did make a difference for me. So, i went back to the SGSII and have been in love ever since.

At first my battery life was not great, but a few things fixed that. 1) i gave the battery time to wear in...that took about a week 2) I took the advice of many people here and changed some settings like turning off background sync and 3) I downloaded Juice Defender and bought the ultimate version.....this has made a huge difference. I can go all day with very heavy usage, 24 hours with medium usage and 36 hours with light to medium usage.

I love this phone. It is by far the best one I've owned and I'll look to purchase the next version when available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz