Are you keeping your D2?

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the best phone I've ever had, period. I'm not interested in a gargantuan screen - the Dinc2 is the biggest form factor that I would ever consider...

0.3" makes that much of a difference to you?? Lmao that's awesome!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I plan on keeping my DInc2 for the time being and waiting to see the Prime, Rezound, and future HTC devices hands on.

We should have a CyanogenMod ICS Rom in no time!

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

There has to be a maximum acceptable size for everybody. The four inch screen size has pretty much reached the limit of what I am comfortable pocketing. I find, when comparing the Dinc2 to the next size up - a Thunderbolt, say - that the Dinc2 is comfortable in my hand and the Thunderbolt is not. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: cinnamin

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

The exact same thing could be said for those in favor of the extra .3 inches.

Personally, and like the above poster, I find a phone with a 4 inch screen to be pretty much at the limit of what can be comfortably carried around in a pocket. Any bigger just becomes cumbersome and I don't see how .3 extra inches makes an appreciable difference in useability.

I really hope this drive to one-up the other manufacturers doesn't leave us with nothing but ever increasing screen sizes. What's next, a 5 inch screen size on a phone? Even reducing the bezel, at some point, it becomes a tablet and not a phone, and I would find it ridiculous to hold a tablet up to my head to make a phone call.

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the 4.0 being the largest that I would like to purchase. If I want something bigger, I will buy a tablet. I still want my phone to function as a phone without being uncomfortable. I hope they still offer a couple phones that are 4.0 in the future and and not go the way of the Sensation XL for everything.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm keeping mine until I get an upgrade discount (so another year and a half or so). Then I'm getting whatever the current Nexus phone is.

RainMan_JH

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am really enjoying my phone, so I personally do not see a need to upgrade right now (even if I could). HTC's build quality is really good and even tho I may be one of the few I like Sense UI a lot. I tried multiple different launchers, but I always come back to Sense. I like the polish and how everything ties together nicely.

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Considering a nexus. I'm forgetting the screen size because the hardware buttons are gone. Phone dimensions the nexus is a whopping 15mm taller, but only 4mm wider and 3mm thinner. I don't know if thinner is a good trade for wider or not so I guess I'll have to go fondle one to see.
My biggest concern is signal quality. I keep just 1 bar of signal in my house, and if the nexus proves worse than that it's a deal breaker until 4g comes out in my area next year.
I certainly won't be buying until after Christmas because I spend all my money on others at this time if year.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I would only leave for a 4G phone with Global GSM support. My heart skipped when I read that that Razr had GSM capability, but then I read it was firmware disabled. Not sure why Verizon is not releasing a 4G global option.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Phone dimensions the nexus is a whopping 15mm taller, but only 4mm wide

To me, a centimeter and a half taller is, most definitely, a whopping increase in size. Here's the outlines of both the Nexus and the Inc2. I'll hold final judgement until I can see one in person, but considering I already feel the Inc2 is at the large end of what I'd want to carry, I'm betting I'll find the Nexus to be way over the limit.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I would only leave for a 4G phone with Global GSM support. My heart skipped when I read that that Razr had GSM capability, but then I read it was firmware disabled. Not sure why Verizon is not releasing a 4G global option.

Well I guess I was wrong. After fighting with the crappy antenna in this phone, I am actually going to the darkside. My iPhone 4S arrives next week for work. I was with two 4S users the last week traveling in the middle of no where, and they constantly had data and signal where I did not. I could not make calls or get data, and they were flying along. I do to areas like this a lot, and my Dinc2 has let me down a lot in the last few months.

I love the Dinc2 overall, and I feel it is the best phone I have every had to size and feel. I also love Android, and suspect I will be back. I thought I would try something different for awhile, and I like the iPhone a lot. We shall see!

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to jailbreak the iPhone to get it to do the kinds of things you are used to with an Android phone. I know because I've had two of them. Also, the iPhone is at its best on AT&T so if you're getting the Verizon version you're missing some things.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to jailbreak the iPhone to get it to do the kinds of things you are used to with an Android phone. I know because I've had two of them. Also, the iPhone is at its best on AT&T so if you're getting the Verizon version you're missing some things.

I agree. Right now I just need a phone with a great signal and want to try something new for a bit. I have to stay Verizon for work. AT&T may have faster data on the 4S in certain locations, but their signal sucks where I live and travel most. Verizon rules in those areas.

Jules2012

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Im keeping mine. Just upgraded to a smart phone. and i am lovin it. the only problem i'm having is HTC sense not showing up on my phone, but I'll try that later today. I've got sense apps, but still havent put in an account. which sounds wierd. I'm pretty new to android too. :)