asop's ASOP oICSv13 - working MMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Excellent ROM, I'm loving it so far. But am I correct in assuming that the 4G settings are absent from this and all other ports of ICS for the NS4G?

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Excellent ROM, I'm loving it so far. But am I correct in assuming that the 4G settings are absent from this and all other ports of ICS for the NS4G?

Yes
4g will not be possible until official release drops as it needs pieces from sprint

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I'm having a doozy of a time getting album covers to show up for some music of mine. (I know, it's a small thing but darnit, it should be easy!) I'm talking known stuff like The Fifth Element Soundtrack and such. Anyone know why it wouldn't be pulling them down? I don't know if this is a MOD thing or an android thing. Thanks. :)

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I'm having a doozy of a time getting album covers to show up for some music of mine. (I know, it's a small thing but darnit, it should be easy!) I'm talking known stuff like The Fifth Element Soundtrack and such. Anyone know why it wouldn't be pulling them down? I don't know if this is a MOD thing or an android thing. Thanks. :)
Are you talking about Google Music? If so, then it's just a quirk of Music.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Two things google missed. Phone controls in notification like music. Like toucwhiz. And another touchwiz feature missing power controls in notification.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. Like the silence slider? Cause you can just hold power and silence.

Im having problems with the gallery/web browser videos where the volume rocker will adjust the headset volume but not media. Im assuming thats not intentionally like that and its just this rom. Same goes for spell and auto correct in the browser?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Based on some stuff in aosp's thread over at XDA in this post (xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv13-Working Incoming MMS | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS)) I've been doing some performance tweaks to make ICS on my NS4G a little snappier.

Here's what I did with some instructions as to how, which wasn't in the OG Post on XDA. These would probably work on any ICS build but since I'm using oICS from aosp right now I posted it here.

You'll need NSTools and PropModder to do this. I don't think this needs to be said...but you're doing this at your own risk.

Set Dalvik 24m
PropModder > Dalvik cache heapsize > 24m

sd card speed hack @ 2048
PropModder > SD Card Speed Hack > 2048kb
this one might not be taking. It seems to on my Nook Color but the setting doesn't persist after exit or reboot on the NS4G.

hardware acceleration on
System Settings > Developer Tools > Force GPU Rendering
PropModder > GPU Acceleration

smartass v2, 400 - 1200, deep idle on, live OC Value
NSTools > CPU > Governor > Smartass v2 & Min cph freq > 400MHz & Max CPU freq > 1200 MHz & Live OC Value > 105% & Deep Idle > On

Network I later turned these off...i think the caused some lag
PropModder > Optimize TCP Stack I later turned these off...i think the caused some lag
PropModder > 3G Speed Hack

android animations off
System Settings > Developer Tools > Windows animation scale > off & Transition animation scale > off

I'll admit I haven't done research into all of this to understand why it causes an improvement. But it's much snappier than it was.

If anyone else has any other suggestions please post!

EDIT: Adding that i'm running Matrix 11.5 but I'm not sure it matters, franco is stock in oICS and has similar features I believe.

Last edited:

jpirog

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I was messing around with the OC stuff and LiveOC, and now my device will boot but get stuck after the SD card loads. Can I change the OC settings somehow without actually booting in?

:mad:

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I was messing around with the OC stuff and LiveOC, and now my device will boot but get stuck after the SD card loads. Can I change the OC settings somehow without actually booting in?

:mad:

you could factory reset or re-install the rom...that'd should get you back to the point where you can boot.
usually NSTools will blow away all the settings if you get a random reboot and revert the settings back to normal.

vnv01

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Still no volume control in any media app other than music... with or without headset doesn't matter.. volume is set to one level for Pandora, Iheartradio, youtube, etc. etc.

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else getting interferences randomly when playing back music? Like hiccups or skips or whatnot? It's like the phone can't handle playing back music fully and anything else that happens in the background causes the music to stutter.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else getting interferences randomly when playing back music? Like hiccups or skips or whatnot? It's like the phone can't handle playing back music fully and anything else that happens in the background causes the music to stutter.

yeah I get those...mostly on doggcatcher. Not really on spotify

MgWach

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
yeah I get those...mostly on doggcatcher. Not really on spotify

Well, I mean when playing sd card music that I've put on the phone. I never had that happen before I MODed my phone so was wondering if maybe the mod was causing issues with music playback.

tinmantommy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this yesterday and it was very stable until I called my dad and he couldn't hear me. Turns out that this only happened to people on my favorite contacts list. I also flashed the ICS version of Matr1x kernel. I rebooted several times and also reflashed the rom several times, no luck :(. Anyone know what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001