Assistant Wake Word

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Can I use a different wake work to open google assistant on my Galaxy 5 Pro watch than on my s22 Ultra? It is stupid that when I say Hey Google both phone and watch wake up. Then if I give.a.command assistant doesn't know if the command is for the watch or for the phone.

Even though I have use assistant on lock screen turned off the phone is wakened even when locked when I am trying to only talk to the watch.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
How often do you use ok Google voice activation on your phone? And do you wear your watch majority of the time? If you can't find a setting on the watch or in assistant settings on your phone or in the wearable app that allows you to choose which device responds while the 2 devices are connected then I think your best bet would be to turn off voice activation on your phone. And when you want to use it on your phone then hold the home button or gesture to bring up assistant. Or vice versa. You can disable voice activation on your watch and enable the button activation instead.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I have "hey Google" turned off on my watch. So whenever I say "hey Google" my watch doesn't respond. If I want to use the Google assistant on my watch then I activate it from my watch. You can set up a complication on the watch face to open the assistant or go to the assistant app on the watch or set up the back button to activate the Google assistant.

Sent from my SM-S908U using AC Forums mobile app