Asus C434t screen repair?

Dan Robinson3

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement screen for Asus C434t. My kids cracked it a few weeks after buying it and I can't seem to find any place online that actually sells parts for this model.
Trying to contact Asus has been impossible there's no information on the website and nobody answers the phone after an hour of waiting.

Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated thank you.

D.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Check LaptopScreen.com, they show having a screen for the T434 model in stock. Hope this helps get you device back in working order!

Dan Robinson3

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you both. It is the outer glass that has cracked, rather than the piece that renders the pixels (that's working fine). Touch is affected in the areas with the crack. That site lists display (in-stock) & touch digitizer (not in-stock) as separate items, I assume I need the digitizer right?

It seems to only have a removable panel along the lower edge (nr hinges) rather than a bezel that runs around the whole screen. If anyone has any hints on how I might replace the outer glass it would help. It seems to be similar to a cell phone display in how it is mounted, as I can't find anyway to lever it out - the glass and frame seem to be tightly glued(?).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sounds pretty challenging.:-\ Unfortunately, I couldn't find any screen replacement or even teardown guides for that Chromebook, so I'm not sure how feasible it'll be to do this yourself.

ZesPak

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
Thank you both. It is the outer glass that has cracked, rather than the piece that renders the pixels (that's working fine). Touch is affected in the areas with the crack. That site lists display (in-stock) & touch digitizer (not in-stock) as separate items, I assume I need the digitizer right?

It seems to only have a removable panel along the lower edge (nr hinges) rather than a bezel that runs around the whole screen. If anyone has any hints on how I might replace the outer glass it would help. It seems to be similar to a cell phone display in how it is mounted, as I can't find anyway to lever it out - the glass and frame seem to be tightly glued(?).

Have you had any progress on this part? I have the same issue.
How did you manage to remove it in the end? Do I need a hairdryer to heat the glue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genxathletix