Question ASUS Chromebook

George_le_wolf

Jun 29, 2023
Visit site
Hello, and thank you to whoever, for allowing me to part of this forum

I have an ASUS Chromebook, it was owned by one of my Grandchildrens. It is impossible to start it up. I have taken the machine to a computer repair shop who have said they cannot repair it as they think that the incorrect power supply has been used, inadvertently and blown up something inside.

Surely its possible to repair and if so, is it a major cost possibly?

Many thanks

George

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact model number? Was it working for your grandkids up until you got it, or did they notice it was broken as well?

Charge it for at least 6 hours undisturbed, and then try powering on again. If that doesn't work, see this help page: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/6309225?hl=en#zippy=,chromebook-wont-turn-on-or-wont-charge

If it needs repair, the cost might not be worthwhile, depending on how old that Chromebook is and how much it cost in the first place. There are a lot of decent new Chromebooks out there at an affordable price.

George_le_wolf

Jun 29, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact model number? Was it working for your grandkids up until you got it, or did they notice it was broken as well?

Charge it for at least 6 hours undisturbed, and then try powering on again. If that doesn't work, see this help page: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/6309225?hl=en#zippy=,chromebook-wont-turn-on-or-wont-charge

If it needs repair, the cost might not be worthwhile, depending on how old that Chromebook is and how much it cost in the first place. There are a lot of decent new Chromebooks out there at an affordable price.
Thank you, I appreciate your comments. When I put on charge, there is no light to suggest its charging. might that mean its not receiving charge, or is there no indicator as to whether the machine is charging or not?

Thank you for the link you have provided. Mt son in law uses a laptop, completely different manufacturer, with same connection as chromebook, but the AC adapter does not have the same input information. I think, that like the parrot, the machine is dead!

Thank you, I appreciate your comments. When I put on charge, there is no light to suggest its charging. might that mean its not receiving charge, or is there no indicator as to whether the machine is charging or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the charging light never comes on, even after several hours on a charger, then there's a hardware problem somewhere -- it could be a failed battery, a problem with the charging circuits/port, or a problem with the charger.

It would still be helpful to know what the model number of your Chromebook is. Does it charge using a barrel connector or USB-C port?

Overall, I suspect the repair shop was correct and that the Chromebook would need a major repair. It's probably not worth the repair cost -- there are plenty of affordable but good Chromebooks out there.