[AT&T] Galaxy Note 2 baseband unknown

fahad45

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have many radios available, I tried flashing stock radio from rogers my service provider. When I flash using recovery mode it completes the process but still after the boot my service is not back and in settings menu baseband version is unknown.

chris2589

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my note 2 and I think it is the partition tables messed up but I cant find a pit file for the Att model to fix it

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Why are you flashing everything with odin. Odin flashes the root file only. Everything else flashes with TWRP or CWM. I recommend TWRP.

Also it kinda sounds to me like you flashed an att mod or rom to a rogers device.

Sent via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why are you flashing everything with odin. Odin flashes the root file only. Everything else flashes with TWRP or CWM. I recommend TWRP.

Also it kinda sounds to me like you flashed an att mod or rom to a rogers device.

Sent via Tapatalk

Can you direct us to a recovery flashable version. Because I can only find zips that contain only modem.bin

Also do you mean rogers onto AT&T.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
No. He says rogers is his provider. They have a different model number than att. The roms and mods are not hackwards combatible afaik. His problems most likely stem from flashing a mod not meant for his carrier.

Sent via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No. He says rogers is his provider. They have a different model number than att. The roms and mods are not hackwards combatible afaik. His problems most likely stem from flashing a mod not meant for his carrier.

Sent via Tapatalk

He started this thread and it says AT&T in the title. So now I'm confused. I think he meant he has att and tried to flash rogers.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I dont think he knows what he has. He said att in the title but mentioned 317m as the model. Att sells the 317 not 317m. I know because I have att.

Sent via Tapatalk

flip69zz

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey droid I have same problem with my note and also even if I put the stock rom on there I still cant get service I think it has something to do with my radio or kernel or something. Thanks

aca_d_ace

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My Note 2 N7100 IMEI suddenly become Null/Null.
Baseband Unknown
I did not root my device before that happened and only rooted it after surfing the internet and many advice to gain root access and fix this problem.
Issue is, I'm totally new to this root thingy and still lost on finding my correct direction.
Appreciate if anyone could help me on this.

Greg Baker

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
You need to download and flash the correct modem for your note 2. What is your carrier? and in Settings/About Device/ What is your baseband version?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
hi can i get different link this one is not working

Thats because it no longer the correct file. You are reading about a file that has been updated 4 or so times. This thread is almost a year old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

NIt Blogger

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I am using GT-N7100 International model... Had the same issue after I installed stock rom downloaded from interenet. Installing modem bin sorted out my issue (it was GT-N7100 Modem.bin zip file, what I installed using CWM). After I restarted my phone, it picked up correct IMEI, and my GSM services (phone calls, SMS, 3G) started working