At&t lollipop is here

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I kept refusing the update. I should have found a setting to block the update but didn't have the time and thought I would need to accept the update. Then it updated without my permission during the night last Thursday.

I am not sure what advantages of this update is. Some of the already limited edge functionality we had was taken away and battery life is the same. Also, my quick data enabler widget is now blocked and now I need to dig deep in the menu to switch data on/off.

Anyone know of any new advantages of this update?

I need to root more than ever now to fix the phone.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I kept refusing the update. I should have found a setting to block the update but didn't have the time and thought I would need to accept the update. Then it updated without my permission during the night last Thursday.

I am not sure what advantages of this update is. Some of the already limited edge functionality we had was taken away and battery life is the same. Also, my quick data enabler widget is now blocked and now I need to dig deep in the menu to switch data on/off.

Anyone know of any new advantages of this update?

I need to root more than ever now to fix the phone.

One HUGE advantage (huge for me anyways) is that you now have FULL access to your SD card and so do any 3rd party apps that you choose.

road_kill

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I got the update...forced on me, the only thing im getting is some lag and a stupid playstore error for apps that i dont want to update. The android pain. Other then that im actually liking it. Although i do think i might do a factory reset.

Last edited:

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
One HUGE advantage (huge for me anyways) is that you now have FULL access to your SD card and so do any 3rd party apps that you choose.

I didn't even know I did not have full access to my sd card before. It seems I could always get to all my files on the card. What does full access to sd card give me that I did not have before.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even know I did not have full access to my sd card before. It seems I could always get to all my files on the card. What does full access to sd card give me that I did not have before.

You were able to read your card from any app but, with Kit Kat, you were not able to write to the SD card from any app...unless you were rooted. The fact that you didn't even notice that might mean it completely didn't effect you. I would always hate to do into ES File Explorer or QuickPic and have it tell me it couldn't do this or that with the SD card. Now, with Lollipop, that is no longer an issue.

Lou Mancuso

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
The update just rendered my phone useless. Won't keep a charge. Had to reset bc contacts kept updating and couldn't text. F ing Google releasing **** b4 it works.

Posted via the Android Central App
I can no longer use the internet, FB, maps unless I'm connected to a WiFi and my voice to text doesn't work anymore. Plus I've went from full bars to 1 in my house.
What is the deal?

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
We had a phone that just enough of a difference to stand out. Yes it had issues but it was unique. Now we have lost the functions of the Edge screen. Have to have updates and notifications on the main screen. The camera controls are on the main screen as is the video controls for movies.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
We had a phone that just enough of a difference to stand out. Yes it had issues but it was unique. Now we have lost the functions of the Edge screen. Have to have updates and notifications on the main screen. The camera controls are on the main screen as is the video controls for movies.
If they had to rewrite Lollipop for the Edge we never would have gotten it which would have been fine by me. What we got is Lollipop for the Note. One thing would solve Lollipop issues, root access and custom ROMs. This is the last time I am going to get a phone that will never will be rooted. Big mistake. (ATT variant)

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
If they had to rewrite Lollipop for the Edge. (ATT variant)

Rewrite? Clearly wouldn't happen.

Easier solution: A button in settings to disable pop up notifications.

I HATE this update.

Why the hell would they take away our ability to select sound, vibrate or silent? Having to toggle the volume button repeatedly is asinine. Don't even get me started on the colors. How about an option for a dark theme instead of these washed out pastels?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess if I really thought about it I could find things that I don't like about Lollipop. I liked the camera controls being on the Edge panel. They're not there anymore. I'll live. The Lollipop colors. Not what I'd choose from a color palette... but I'm flexible. IME, the performance and battery life remained great and that's what was important to me. Now my apps can interact with the SD card. That is worth the small aforementioned inconveniences to me.

🔊from the n.3 Monolith 🎧

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Also, my battery life has seemed to improve. It's lasting almost twice as long as it should. And no, don't know how to root and all that other stuff. Straight stock....

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

robchad67

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
This really is bs. Bought the edge to move things there - and I found the camera shutter amazingly useful on the edge screen.let alone the ios tiny circle contact id. Do you think att would reflash the firmware to kk?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Everything seems good enough on my Note Edge. ...no real complaints. Now the Triad is complete.

📐He who controls the Spice controls the universe. The Spice must flow. n.Edge

Captivate me

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I decided to do a factory reset a couple of days after the Lollipop update, since I got an error notification that google play services had stopped a couple of times. Whoa! what a difference that made! The phone is even smoother now, don't know if that will have any improvement on the battery life, since I was playing with nonstop restoring apps and settings. I didn't know that I was missing new edge panels, that the second favorites panel could be changed, etc...my phone wasn't doing it prior to the reset. For any that are having issues, take the time to do a reset it helped me a lot.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
How are you guys getting great battery life?! Mine suddenly became complete crap a couple weeks ago. I'm currently at 1 hour of screen on time with 58% left after 14 hours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103