AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just checked and no update but, interestingly, it only times me out for 20 minutes. Usually it's a whole day. Will now frantically push the update button every 21 minutes. :) I'm an *****

Ha, ha AndroidCentral deletes i d i o t. It is a kinder gentler world. :)

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Still no update. Anxiously waiting to receive a Nexus 5X from the mail tomorrow. I'm done waiting 5 or 6 months for software updates from Samsung and AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm personally content with 5.1.1 on my device. I average 6-7 hours SOT and 22-26 hours between charges usually. Thing is blazing fast as well.

There is no other features in 6.0 that I want or need with the exception being removal of the teal color all over the place.

I have my PDP app set to disable AT&T software updates.

Just disabled mine as well....my device is running too good right now...i'll wait a month or two after the update to see how it worked out.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Still no update. Anxiously waiting to receive a Nexus 5X from the mail tomorrow. I'm done waiting 5 or 6 months for software updates from Samsung and AT&T.

If it weren't for the Nexus line being so plain and kind of boring, I would think about it myself.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

It will be nice to have Mashmallow, but the whole Smart Switch app that replaced Kies is really bad. I can't even seem to get it to connect to my Note 5. I've tried restarting my computer, reinserting the USB into the port and to my computer. Nothing. Then when it does connect it hangs and crashes. how can I back up my device prior to updating to Marshmallow IF I can't use Smart Switch or Kies 3?

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
You can always flash roms but then again not many people want to that route as its risky and you void your warranty

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I recommend you start fresh with a factory reset. All I'm backing up are my contacts and everything else will be fresh. It minimizes the issues that you may have. I've been waiting forever for the update so that I can factory reset

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with an Asus Zenwatch 2

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

It will be nice to have Mashmallow, but the whole Smart Switch app that replaced Kies is really bad. I can't even seem to get it to connect to my Note 5. I've tried restarting my computer, reinserting the USB into the port and to my computer. Nothing. Then when it does connect it hangs and crashes. how can I back up my device prior to updating to Marshmallow IF I can't use Smart Switch or Kies 3?

I haven't had any issues with connecting my Note 5 using Smart Switch. It's faster then Kies was with backing up your phone. I didn't know why your having issues. Try calling Samsung support and they should help you.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like lots of work on TouchWiz. Since I use Nova that wouldn't matter to me. According to the article's timeline, it should be available now. Anyone want to volunteer wasting their 24 hour software update check? :)
I have a trick with package disabler Pro can keep checking for updates and not wait 24 hrs.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like lots of work on TouchWiz. Since I use Nova that wouldn't matter to me. According to the article's timeline, it should be available now. Anyone want to volunteer wasting their 24 hour software update check? :)
Clear data can keep checking for updates no waiting 24 hrs
bebe4c4b85717496f764dee8f190704a.jpg

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
You can also just change your date manually ahead and it will allow you to check for an update, however this screws with other things like the weather widget updating

Also, I don't think that article is accurate, because phonearena stated the 11th for the Note 5 and the 14th for the S6 on AT&T. I think whoever wrote this article is confused.

cron912

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I just received this response from an AT&T rep via chat. Take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you for your patience cron912. I am seeing the update for Marshmallow will be sent to your device on March 31 2016 :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2