AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

I haven't had any issues with connecting my Note 5 using Smart Switch. It's faster then Kies was with backing up your phone. I didn't know why your having issues. Try calling Samsung support and they should help you.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

WelI, I was able to backup my files this time with installing in the new drivers, and my computer recognized the device. Took about 3 + hours to backup everything, but I'm Ready for Marshmallow now.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm glad you were able to back up your phone and I'm surprised it took so long. My phone backs up in less then 5 min

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad you were able to back up your phone and I'm surprised it took so long. My phone backs up in less then 5 min

Well it seemed like Documents was the hold up, but after it finished syncing there were Zero items in the file. So , *shrugs* .

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah really. I've given up and decided to factory reset now instead of waiting for marshmallow first. I'll probably do it again when it comes out

Posted via the Android Central App

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Everybody rushing to get this update like it's the new best thing! All we gonna hear is ******** once it drops like every other "new software"...

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I saw this story a few days ago. Thought that if Verizon already has Marshmallow it was likely an inaccurate story. And kind of odd that alot of the Verizon complaints deal with battery life. One of the specific things this version supposed to improve. Maybe it's a matter that requires a factory reset. AT&T can take its time. Certainly better battery life is always welcome.

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Verizon customers are reporting a lot of issues with the update. I think I'll wait until I get a new phone. I'm getting 14--16 hours battery time with Package Disabler Pro (moderate use) and everything is running smoothly on Lollipop.

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Verizon customers are reporting a lot of issues with the update. I think I'll wait until I get a new phone. I'm getting 14--16 hours battery time with Package Disabler Pro (moderate use) and everything is running smoothly on Lollipop.

I'm having a great upgrade experience. Battery life is much better and MM is just as smooth as Lollipop as well as being a little faster. I only disabled some Verizon and Samsung apps that I don't use and leave wifi and bluetooth on all the time. I put it on the charger when I go to bed and wake up to a fully charged phone. I'm a moderate user and get 3 1/2 hrs SOT on average and still have about 30 to 40 percent battery left when I plug in at night. I haven't done a factory reset yet because everything is running so smoothly. So far so good for me.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Put on your tin foil hats, the sky is falling... read any thread, on any forum, about any device and you will see thousands of complaints about buggy updates, and devices being ruined, and people asking about reverting to previous releases. This is standard practice and it happens 100% of the time. (and its really annoying)

raylock

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Well, for whatever its worth, probably not much. I just received my new unlocked Note 5 last week. During the setup process I immediately updated to Marshmallow with no problem. I am using the AT&T network through CC. Smooth sailing so far.