AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
At the very least, clear the cache. I have found that factory resets are by far the best and safest way to use an upgrade, but its not always practical to reset up your phone to just what you like. Clearing the entire system cache definitly helps get rid of the left over junk from the previous version, and certainly doesn't hurt anything.

(Cue the "I cleared my cache once, and then nothing worked" posts.)

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, for whatever its worth, probably not much. I just received my new unlocked Note 5 last week. During the setup process I immediately updated to Marshmallow with no problem. I am using the AT&T network through CC. Smooth sailing so far.

There was an update available through the AT&T server? I just checked and it said current software is up to date.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
There was an update available through the AT&T server? I just checked and it said current software is up to date.

A little while ago as in a few weeks there was a security update, no marshmallow update yet though for AT&T. Raylock sounds like he has an international or version other than AT&T.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It's just sad this has not yet available for my AT&T Note 5 yet. I am beginning to think that i should never buy anything but Nexus phone in the future. Which i do now have. It's nice to get update at regularly interval. For God's sake, my iPhone just got 9.3 update an hour after it was announced.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's just sad this has not yet available for my AT&T Note 5 yet. I am beginning to think that i should never buy anything but Nexus phone in the future. Which i do now have. It's nice to get update at regularly interval. For God's sake, my iPhone just got 9.3 update an hour after it was announced.

Yeah... It's nothing short of ridiculous. They really need to do something about this Android updates fragmentation.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
This pretty much states nothing
Marshmallow is old already and Note 6 will be out with Android N , so basically it will happen like it did with Note 5 last year, basically Android N will be the new thing so Marshmallow is already history and to think that just a few minutes ago India just received Marshmallow on there Note 5, don't care for it no more just a waste of time in my opinion.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

Looks like T-Mobile is getting Marshmallow on there S6 and S6 Edge as well , it will roll out today, so where does that leave AT&T, I will definitely be getting and pay full price when Note 6 comes out but will buy the International one unlocked and use it on AT&T, that way no more waiting on updates i be the first to get it before any other carriers.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Marshmallow is old already and Note 6 will be out with Android N , so basically it will happen like it did with Note 5 last year, basically Android N will be the new thing so Marshmallow is already history and to think that just a few minutes ago India just received Marshmallow on there Note 5, don't care for it no more just a waste of time in my opinion.

Someone has first world problems

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't care if i get it or not. I just want my phone to stay great.

I agree and the Note 5 will eventually get Marshmallow. The Note 5 is a beast on 5.1.1. It's not the end of the world that we haven't received Marshmallow yet. If you want fast updates then buy a Nexus phone. I rather AT&T take their time and release a stable build like they have with every single Android update I have received from them.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I just don't understand why people are going crazy over not receiving mm yet. It's not like the older days of Android where the update would be a huge overhaul.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree and the Note 5 will eventually get Marshmallow. The Note 5 is a beast on 5.1.1. It's not the end of the world that we haven't received Marshmallow yet. If you want fast updates then buy a Nexus phone. I rather AT&T take their time and release a stable build like they have with every single Android update I have received from them.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5
Agreed. The Note 5 is probably my last device. I am going forward with Nexus device.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. The Note 5 is probably my last device. I am going forward with Nexus device.
Not me i will get Note 6 International which those get the first updates and it's unlocked and rootable and works for AT&T network, once it's released.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded to the GS7 and gave my wife my GS6. Any update on the AT&T Marshmallow release?

Posted via the Android Central App

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

I just don't understand why people are going crazy over not receiving mm yet. It's not like the older days of Android where the update would be a huge overhaul.
One big reason, is because the MM update fixes the bluetooth issue for many devices. I for one am ecstatic to use my bluetooth properly again.
Someone has first world problems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox