AT&T messing with the notification bar in Froyo

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just updated my Aria to 2.2 Froyo. I really like all the new changes. Well, all the new changes except one.

AT&T messed with the notification bar. When you first turn the screen on, for about a painfully long second or so, the notification bar is replaced with a blank bar with "AT&T" along the left side. This also happens when you first close out of an application and return to the home screens.

This delays the amount of time that someone is able to check the notification bar for new messages, the wifi signal, the cell signal, anything. One thing I used to like to do was to hit the on/off button to check my notifications. I wouldn't slide down the screen lock, I'd just tap the on/off button, check my notifications, then tap teh on/off button again if there wasn't anything there. However, now I have to tap the on/off button, wait a second for the "AT&T" bar to clear, then check my notifications.

Completely unneccesary by AT&T, in my opinion.

carvon

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to 2.2 as well and this change is the most annoying thing in the world. I had never realized how often I checked notifications until this change. It's really ruined the entire Android experience for me, and the iPhone has started to seem really attractive to me all of a sudden.

Is there anyway to get rid of this?

I tried to root the phone, but the current hacks do not work with the new stock firmware.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a solution that I have found.

The HTC Inspire has a similar AT&T bar that flashes up, but the notification icons stay in view the entire time. So, this makes me think there is a solution out there, they just haven't made it available to the Aria. I'm sure if the Aria was a more popular phone they'd have a fix by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppletoDroid40