AT&T Note 10+ replaced with Unlocked Note 10+. Now I am having connection issues. Any ideas?

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
For the first time ever. I dropped and broke the glass back of a phone. I have done so well since the s6.

I have a Squaretrade accidental warranty and they replaced the AT&T Note 10+ with a brand new unlocked Note 10+ for the price of the $149.99 deductible.

The issue I am having is that I keep having connection issues. At first I thought it was just Spotify but it's doing it in other apps now, Instagram, Snapchat and even just the Reddit client Sync. They all tell me I don;t have a data connection. I have reset the network settings multiple times. I guess I can try a reset but I don't think it will change anything.

Is their something missing in the Unlocked version, hardware wise or software wise that could cause an issue like this?

I had an unlocked s10+ on AT&T for almost 5 months with no issues.

Should I get Squaretrade to order an AT&T version? I am thinking that might be a little hard though.

Any ideas?

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
For the first time ever. I dropped and broke the glass back of a phone. I have done so well since the s6.

I have a Squaretrade accidental warranty and they replaced the AT&T Note 10+ with a brand new unlocked Note 10+ for the price of the $149.99 deductible.

The issue I am having is that I keep having connection issues. At first I thought it was just Spotify but it's doing it in other apps now, Instagram, Snapchat and even just the Reddit client Sync. They all tell me I don;t have a data connection. I have reset the network settings multiple times. I guess I can try a reset but I don't think it will change anything.

Is their something missing in the Unlocked version, hardware wise or software wise that could cause an issue like this?

Should I get Squaretrade to order an AT&T version? I am thinking that might be a little hard though.

Any ideas?
First of you are going to have it for any length of time, study the 5g capabilities being rolled out by the different carriers and use that as a consideration. Also check to see if you have a clone or non-legitimate version.... Go to the Samsung website and at least act as thought you are trying to register the emei for warranty purposes.....

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
First of you are going to have it for any length of time, study the 5g capabilities being rolled out by the different carriers and use that as a consideration. Also check to see if you have a clone or non-legitimate version.... Go to the Samsung website and at least act as thought you are trying to register the emei for warranty purposes.....

Thanks. It is a legit version. It is registered with Samsung. It is not the 5g version.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
First of you are going to have it for any length of time, study the 5g capabilities being rolled out by the different carriers and use that as a consideration.

If it's a replacement though the OP wouldn't have a choice of what SquareTrade replaced his phone with being that the 5G version is more expensive.

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks y'all. I think I am going to have to contact Squaretrade and get them to send me an AT&T one. This one has stopped sending texts half the time too. I have also reset it in the last few days.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks y'all. I think I am going to have to contact Squaretrade and get them to send me an AT&T one. This one has stopped sending texts half the time too. I have also reset it in the last few days.
Another option is to flash AT&T firmware so you will basically look like you have an unlocked ATT phone. Never done that but some other folks here and on XDA forum done it many times.

I am on unlocked with TMobile. No issues on my end.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Any ideas?

I've bought an unlocked note 8 and 9 returned both because of connectivity issues. Just haven't had good luck with non carrier devices. Unlocked models don't have wifi or HD voice/video calling at least AT&T. So unlocked is useless and they don't provide all the LTE bands. From personal experience with unlocked phones they never worked properly for me.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Let us know what happens. I have square trade too.

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
So. I finally got Squaretrade to replace the phone again. The sent me another Unlocked model Wednesday. Tested it for 12 hours and it still having connectivity issues. Spoke to them again just now and they are replacing it again. Should have a 3rd unlocked model and we will see if it does it. Basically if the 3rd one does it they will give me the full cost of a Note 10+. I will have to buy a brand new one from AT&T or find someone selling an AT&T model because the unlocked is an issue. What I don't understand is I used an unlocked s10+ from it's release date to the Note 10+ release date with no issues, on AT&T.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What does the model number on the phone say? Are they by any chance sending you the exynos international unlocked model?

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
What does the model number on the phone say? Are they by any chance sending you the exynos international unlocked model?

sm-n975u1 It's the only model info in the software. The box they sent is a squaretrade box and the unit doesn't have a model number on the outside.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks but as of right now I will keep them stock. I don't need Squaretrade giving me crap about them being different than when they sent them. It's a $750 charge.
I understand , you can switch back anytime just let you know there's options . This is all factory Samsung firmwares.