At&T Question

aruikis78

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok I have a question for all you tech goorues out there. Here is the deal. I'm thinking of replacing my current phone with a Samsung tablet with AT&T. They give you 4 gigs of data for $25 a month on their 3g network. I was thinking of just using either google voice or Line 2 for my source of phone. Now I am aware that using voip will bring down the call quality a little bit but it's something I'm willing to deal with considering the amount to $$ I'll be saving a month.

My question is, am I able to pull the sim out of the Tab and throw it in another AT&t phone when I don't want to lug around the big beautiful tab? Riding my motorcycle with the tab hanging half out of my pocket doesnt seem fun lol.

Thanks all!

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
If you buy the ATT tab and flash it with the Euro ROM you will have voice capability built in and not need to use any voip solution. Then you just need to get a regular ATT SIM instead of the Data only SIM and you will be all set and able to use your sim in any ulocked GSM phone or ATT phone.

aruikis78

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
If you buy the ATT tab and flash it with the Euro ROM you will have voice capability built in and not need to use any voip solution. Then you just need to get a regular ATT SIM instead of the Data only SIM and you will be all set and able to use your sim in any ulocked GSM phone or ATT phone.

The whole idea I have in mind is to elminate the voice plan altogether and just have data and use the phone as VOIP for voice, hence a lot cheaper bill :)

Last edited:

aruikis78

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Update! I went to AT&T and took their sim out of their active tablet and put it in my iPhone 3G. Well good news... THE INTERNET WORKED :) I am seriously thinking of using a tablet as my cellphone via a VOIP application (Skype, Line2)

Last edited:

guillame

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Tab on ATT 3g using Line2

I am very satisfied Line2 user on ATT iPad with a data plan.
I have never lost a call and the quality is great on both WiFi and 3G

I want to get my wife A Galaxy Tab using Line2 on both WiFi
and ATT's 3G network, But the ATT sales people are not very knowledgeable

My search here and elswhere indicate that the ATT Galaxy Tab works on WiFi
but not much is definitely said if it offered and works on 3G.