AT&T Galaxy S8 AT&T voicemail shortcut for Visual Voicemail?

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My old trusty Note 4 had this great little Visual Voicemail icon that sat on my home screen and told me how many unread voicemails I had. Now with my Samsung S8 I have lost that option altogether. I have to go into the phone app (which is horrible compared to the old one), then click on the little floating dialer pad on the bottom right corner and then check the bottom left corner to see the number of unread messages and click on it to get into the app. A lot more work to even get into the voicemail app and no way to glance at my phone to see how many messages have piled up. Seems like Samsung/AT&T decided to go quite a bit backwards on this. Is there any way to get a shortcut on the home screen? One that shows the unread count of voicemails would be even better. Any help is much appreciated.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My understanding from having the same question when I upgraded from my GS7 is that an app has not been necessary for some time now. On your phone dialer, there is is a voicemail icon that alerts you when there is a voicemail. Selecting it takes you to the same place as the old app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz