ATT HD Voice (VoLTE) Support for Z Play

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Been using Factory Unlocked Moto Z Play on ATT ever since j switched to ATT and whatever I tried it would not have this HD Voice service enabled. I had a few new SIM cards installed first on supported ATT branded devices, I had customer rep fool the system with a different IMEI... Nothing worked.
Now, that the Oreo is installed on it I tried activating it again and nothing happened - called customer support and had them do the same stuff w IMEI of supported Android device.
So, my question is
Is there any hope to make this work ? Except for Pixel line running 8.1 Oreo are there other Android unlocked phones that are supported by ATT? My Z Play is only updated to 8.0 , so I'm thinking maybe it will work with 8.1.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I wouldn't count on the original Z Play ever receiving Android 8.1. I think 8.0 is all we will ever see, with the Z3 series on the horizon.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It's just ridiculous that they waited this long to release major software update and then decided not to go with the latest version.
Lesson learned. Will never buy "Moto" - Lenovo again.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
They have been better than most major manufacturers at issuing new upgrades. But if the latest Android is an important aspect of a phone, it's hard to beat a Pixel. I am happy on 7.1.1, having the newest version of Android is not a major factor for me personally. But I know it is for many people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjustink1984