Att update to 5.1

faulkner

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Att update 5.1.1

Received notice of update, downloaded , works great!
Set your phone up a day, retry.
Speed of dark...now that is a tricky question....but if you cant upgrade a phone?? buy an apple...they have updates for updates.....then as a last resort?
they have a fix...good luck

Eggsilent Erika

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I've tried to install 9 times with 5GB free space and still every time it downloads it brings up an error message right before installation process saying "install interrupted" can anyone help? Samsung Galaxy s5 active, at&t

Debbie5551339

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
RIGHT, GREAT JOB ATT&T! Immediately after the download, connecting to the internet is extremely slow. I have read that many others are also having the same issue.

Douglas Karabasz

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
If you are asking if I received a message saying they have an update ready. NO! I find that AT&T really is very lacking in knowledge about their own device. After having a lot of technical issues I call the support team which knows very little. They do know how to read a script.

They also claimed that it would be impossible to tell me when my last update was(no true). Plus a bunch of stuff they call for help on. The part I'm still finding really funny is the tech support person thought my phone model number was Samsung WHITE ...lol. and not SM-G-900A. Then suggested that I get educated about my device. Still laughing on that comment. I bet she thought her car model is Chevrolet Red with Chrome Trim.

muzichead

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have found for the most part is that although AT&T takes much longer to release the latest update, they are the least troublesome of all the carriers as to bugs and glitches. I am more than fine waiting for the updates as long as they are trouble free. Id rather Verizon and Sprint be the guinea pigs on these... To be totally honest here, other that an icon change and video calling with this update, I haven't really noticed anything else different from 5.1.1 so why make such a big deal. My device runs the same as it did prior to the update...

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have found for the most part is that although AT&T takes much longer to release the latest update, they are the least troublesome of all the carriers as to bugs and glitches. I am more than fine waiting for the updates as long as they are trouble free. Id rather Verizon and Sprint be the guinea pigs on these... To be totally honest here, other that an icon change and video calling with this update, I haven't really noticed anything else different from 5.1.1 so why make such a big deal. My device runs the same as it did prior to the update...
Except for the slow internet download speeds people are reporting. And yes you didn't notice any differences because Samsung disabled all the 6.0 features worth talking about.