Audio and car charging cable for Navigation Dock

bamakid366

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I spent 45 minutes in a live chat session with Motorola trying to get the single cable for audio and charge for the Motorola Droid RAZR Navigation Dock. You can buy it separately and it is available at Motorola Dock Power USB Cable : Chargers with part # SKN6394A. The cable is 5 feet in length and the audio end is female, not male as the user guide suggests. :eek:$20!? why?

I attached the conversation as proof. So if any of you end up buying it and it is not as Denz from Motorola claims it to be let's all hound Motorola.

And finally what is up with Verizon selling the Media and Mobility package without this cable?

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I've got it, and I love it. I'm highly annoyed that I had to pay so much for it. Just charge more for the dock and include it. What I'm wondering is why this isn't built into the dock. It seems that it would be cheaper for Motorola to put the jack on the dock vs making a special cable. I also don't understand why Verizon does not carry this part, or why it is impossible to find on Motorola's site just looking around. It's like they don't really care.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bamakid366

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
You're absolutely right. The audio jack should be on the navigation dock so we don't have to use a special cable. The HD dock has a separate audio jack, so apparently they can do it.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
One more note to anyone that wants this. It does not play the speaker phone through the USB audio out like it does with the audio port. It uses the speaker on the phone. Haven't tested the GPS yet.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

testmonkeyy

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Verizon version of the Motorola Dock - no hybrid cable. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I cannot get my Bionic to charge in the dock no matter what charger I use - Motorola blue quick charger (OEM MOTOROLA CAR CHARGER FOR MOTOROLA DROID 1 , 2 , X , | eBay) or generic USB charger. When I dock the phone with the Motorola blue charger the blue light goes out.

Also docking the Bionic doesn't trigger car mode either.

Can I assume this cable will fix the problem?

schatzy62

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The cable (SKN6394A) is no longer on the Motorola web site is seems the only way to get it is to call their Ecommerce Division at 866-289-6686 to order it. And the cost to day (5-31-2012) is $19.99 plus shipping ( 5-10 days for 3.95) plus tax total came to $25.19

This cable works on the Bionic, Razr, RAZR Maxx, Droid 4, Atrix and Atrix2.

Verizon has been no help on this matter and it took me over an hour with Motorola to get it actually ordered.

kdslemmer

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Schatzy62 is right, ordering this cable over the phone seems to be the only way to get a hold of one of these.
I was on the phone for about 15minutes, finally go it ordered for $19.99 plus shipping.

I'm surprised other companies aren't making cheap knock-off versions of this cable. It is extremely handy. Not only for the car dock, but to integrate an Android device into a stereo system with just one cable hookup to the phone. Charge the battery and play music, how novel. :mad:

flwiii

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the Audio/Power cable and the Navigation, Phone Calls, and music can be played through the stereo without a problem.

NJSimoes

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I am not having much luck.

I have a Motorola Razr HD phone, the Navigation Dock and the SKN6394A cable.

I can't get the phone to charge or play audio though the cable when on the Nav dock. It charges fine off the wall or on the Nav dock if connected through any other USB cable charger including the Motorola Blue charger. Audio works fine through the regular audio jack connecter, the speaker or through bluetooth.

Any ideas? are there any settings I can check?

Thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol