August 5th is closing in!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Have a charging cord hooked to it..
Forgot to unhook the cord.
Let the face of the phone slide across the concrete.
See how scratch resistant it is.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I signed for the advance pre-order deal with the extra $50 accessory credit yesterday. I believe i did this last year too or perhaps it was in '18 for the Note9. I’ll have to review my email.

Note 9 came with the AKG headphones and a Fortnight deal. I didn't care about Fortnight, but I love the headphones, especially after I tuned things for my aged hearing.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I believe that was possibly true in 5he early stages of Gorilla Glass but a mythfor the last few iterations.
That has been a long standing, often repeated myth - that you can't improve one without sacrificing the other. The fact that gorilla glass is both more scratch resistant, and less breakable, than standard glass - proves that you can improve both.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That has been a long standing, often repeated myth - that you can't improve one without sacrificing the other. The fact that gorilla glass is both more scratch resistant, and less breakable, than standard glass - proves that you can improve both.
I think it comes from the theory that to make it more shatter resistant you have to make it more flexible and that makes it softer. I'm not buying in to it.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I think it comes from the theory that to make it more shatter resistant you have to make it more flexible and that makes it softer. I'm not buying in to it.
Well, there is some truth to that, all things being equal - and it's not easy. But all things are not equal. Advances in technology and manufacturing techniques allow them to get around some of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf