August security update

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i got the alert on my S8 unlocked (Verizon) this morning as well. Haven't had a chance to install yet - any big changes?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
as a constant samsung pay user I'm guessing I shouldn't update?

I would hold off. It's been working fine and just yesterday I went to use it in a store and my fingerprints wouldn't work. I've contacted Samsung Pay and I'm hoping to hear back soon.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
I've had to disable "Software Update" to prevent OS updates and make the phone stick on Android 7, so it's presumably not going to detect this nor download it.

Is there any way to install this directly without allowing the phone to update the operating system?

Thinking of, say, Windows where individual DLLs and components are updated: it doesn't reinstall the entire operating system just to patch one or two components.

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
I've had to disable "Software Update" to prevent OS updates and make the phone stick on Android 7, so it's presumably not going to detect this nor download it.

Is there any way to install this directly without allowing the phone to update the operating system?

Thinking of, say, Windows where individual DLLs and components are updated: it doesn't reinstall the entire operating system just to patch one or two components.

I'm interested in this as well, if possible...