Authorized Samsung Tablet Repair

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I believe i will need the charging port replaced, possibly the battery as well. I found a chain of authorized Samsung tablet repair places close to me. They are called uBreakiFix . Their site mentions both battery and charging port repairs. Haven't seen it but sounds like a store front operation with walk-ins welcome. Here is their site:

www.ubreakifix.com/samsung-tablet-repair

Has anyone had experience with one of this business' locations. Are there any info/recommendations about this repair service or other services.

Thanks in advance.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Ubreakfix is not an authorized Samsung repair center, they just a repair shop, not related to Samsung.
Authorized repair center is the one given to you when you get RMA number via Samsung.
Anyway, charging port is an easily fixed part
http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=s...qp=samsung+galaxy+note+oro+12.2+charging+port
Note Pro or Tab Pro use the same flex cable, this is an easy part to replace. All you need is removing the back cover and two screws holding the port.
Ubreakfix do the same thing, buy parts on Ebay as they're not authorized repair centers who provide service and get parts supplied from Samsung, . Samsung or any other companies don't have their own repair centers, they use contractors bear their names to do the services.
I used to sell Samsung parts on Ebay and Ubreakfix sometimes buy parts from my listing. This is the fact you should know.
Samsung will provide you the address of an authorized repair center when you get RMA number from Samsung, these centers never take tablets directly from a customer.

Last edited:

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
If you are not comfortable to fix your tablet , you can sent it to Samsung for Out of Warranty service, you'll will have RMA number and shipping label to send to an authorized service center.
After receiving your tablet, repair center will diagnose and tell Samsung what needed to be done and replaced. Customer service from Samsung will give you an estimate cost to repair, if you deny the service, they will send it back unrepaired, you should ask them beforehand how much they charge if the table sent back unrepaired.

Not all repair shops know how to fix Samsung tablets especially when soldering is involved.
I sometimes get a Note Pro under $200 from guys doing repair and it takes me under 10 minutes to fix.
Like this one, the guy gave up and put it for sale
Note Pro.JPG

Last edited:

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I did watch the YouTube videos on how to take apart and systematically remove different components. Doesn't look that difficult but videos have a tendency to make things look easier than it is. So I'll most likely take your advice and go the Samsung route. There are experiences on this board , however, that were negative using Samsung. Some claim the tablet came back unchanged. Sound like the repair center did not diagnose the problem correctly. Any thought on that? Usually I send electronics back to factory but have no experience with Samsung.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
They warranty the repair for 60 days, if it has the same problem they have to repair it for free.
As I have seen, Samsung already knows how to fix this issue as it's not new anymore , thousands of them have the same problem from different models. Trust me, if they cannot fix it properly, file a complaint with BBB. Repair centers scare of complaints filed with BBB more than Samsung as they don't want to lose the business with manufacturers.
Consumers are protected by law but I know many users don't know how to take advances of it.

This is an example of a repair in March 2015, they actually resolder the connector only, not replace it.
Replace the connector requires a lot of work as the motherboard has to be removed completely and the old connector has to be taken out.
It Works. Battery connector replaced. Smoooooth - Post #100
The first time they did not know how to fix the issue, the second time they fixed it correctly.
This is a repair from a repair center, they soldered the battery cables directly to the connector to fix the loose connection issue. As I know, a repair center is not allowed to modify customer tablet unless it gets the instruction from Samsung
Cables Soldered.jpg

Last edited:

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Tablet Repair

I searched for tablet/smartphone repair companies in my region. Even went as far as the midwest. Found many companies that will 'repair' tablets, unless it requires soldering. None of the store-front operations I looked at do ANY soldering. Replacing parts? No problem. And because I believe I need a new (USB 3) charging port local electronics repair shops are probably not an options either. Talk about getting used to a tablet ......... never use a PC anymore.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Beut Never seeing the solder points on the problem connector I have what is probably a dumb question. In your picture there is what could be taken as 4 solder joints on the section of the connector that is white. There is another row of 6 solder joints just below the white plastic. Can you tell me which set of solder joints are the problem joints? Again, apologies if this is obvious to others.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
From what I know, two black wires are negative, two red wires are positive, two blue wires probably for temperature sensors. From my experiences when resoldering this connector, two pins connected to blue wire if not soldering properly or damages ( broken trace ) will cause overheat problem like this

Overheat.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness