Auto-rebooting

ripcity00

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Mine did not reboot but did freeze up today and when i pushed the lock button it went black. no buttons would get the screen back on. Holding the power button did nothing so I had to pull out the old BB tricks and yank the battery. No problems since.

Mine hasn't rebooted but froze up for the first time today and is la ggy now.was able to restart the phone instead of pulling the battery. Seems like either problem with a new application or memory.

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
This is really disappointing to hear. My only friend with a Droid X I know of is having the same issue. His auto-reboots 2x a day. He says its because the memory gets too low so it reboots.

I guess there really isnt a such a thing as a stable OS.

SPDougie

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My first Droid X completely crapped the bed and wouldn't boot past the red eye. Got my replacement today and had reboot issues since I turned it on. Seems that when the screen turns off my phone will randomly reboot at least 90% of the time. When I leave the screen on there is no issue. This seems a lot worse than any of the random rebooting issues I had seen before. Has anyone seen something like this? Guessing I'm going to have to head back to Verizon tomorrow for phone number 3.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
It was much more likely on bb. With no real centralized source for app downloads, they could just pawn it off on that since it certainly could be a poorly written app. With the Market, and its millions of downloads, that argument loses some ground

Sent via Tapatalk

Jmeiii

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I just brought mine back to the store. They said that it obviously shouldn't be doing that. The replaced it no problem. We'll see what happens. It seems to have happened to everyone I know who has an X. Some more than others.

trekmario

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
i am on my 3 rd x it random reboots all the time .never had a problem till gingerbread update.tired of this vzn said they would replace but not give me a diffrent model.i removed all aps and still reboots .

KJX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Been dealing with the reboots for quite sometime myself. I'm "glad' other people are finally seeing these issues, I though I was crazy for awhile.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I just off of the phone with VZW tech support. The guy was nice enough. He tried to convince me that the problem may be a memory issue. I told him that I thought it was a hardware issue. I explained everything I had done to problem solve -- including, cache wiping, factory resets, reformatting my MicroSD card, etc. My phone is out of warranty, so no replacement. I guess that I'll have to sit tight with the annoying reboots until I upgrade. (Come on Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus!)

knighthonor

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
My first Droid X completely crapped the bed and wouldn't boot past the red eye. Got my replacement today and had reboot issues since I turned it on. Seems that when the screen turns off my phone will randomly reboot at least 90% of the time. When I leave the screen on there is no issue. This seems a lot worse than any of the random rebooting issues I had seen before. Has anyone seen something like this? Guessing I'm going to have to head back to Verizon tomorrow for phone number 3.

I had this issue on my first Droid X. man that phone was so smooth. my new refurbished Dx has never been as smooth as my original. going on my 4th refurbished Dx.

I suggest to people having the reboot issue, to first try to replace the battery.

may be a battery issue. Battery fails, and phone continues to try to turn its self back on. like a cycle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582