Auto unlock after 4 digits?

fuzzywuzzywazzafuzzy

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
Got an S24 and trying to get it to unlock after entering the 4 digit pin, without pressing OK. Had this working on previous phone, an S22. Have tried changing to six digits and checking box to auto unlock after PIN then changing back to 4 digits, but then the option to auto unlock after PIN goes away. What is the trick to get auto unlock to work immediately after PIN entry?

Reactions: jtfwTX

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Got an S24 and trying to get it to unlock after entering the 4 digit pin, without pressing OK. Had this working on previous phone, an S22. Have tried changing to six digits and checking box to auto unlock after PIN then changing back to 4 digits, but then the option to auto unlock after PIN goes away. What is the trick to get auto unlock to work immediately after PIN entry?
Can work with 4 digits after the first unlock after a reboot which requires ok the 1st time.

Read this thread

Post in thread 'Noticed this.....' https://forums.androidcentral.com/threads/noticed-this.1064617/post-7190548

Worked for me and others.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Can work with 4 digits after the first unlock after a reboot which requires ok the 1st time.

Read this thread

Post in thread 'Noticed this.....' https://forums.androidcentral.com/threads/noticed-this.1064617/post-7190548

Worked for me and others.
^^ This is what I did and works great. As mentioned, only after a reboot do you still have to press "OK", but that's the only time.

Put in 6 numbers, select the option to not use "OK", then back out the last two numbers and quickly hit okay.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
And I would recommend using a six-digit PIN. The "inconvenience" of having to type two extra digits to unlock is worth the extra security.
PIN numbers are merely security by obscurity. There are 10,000 4-digit 0-9 combinations. How much obscurity do you need?

My personal opinion is that you're fine with 4-digits as long as you don't use something obvious like a birthday, house number, family member or pet name expressed as keypad numbers, 1234, etc. But if it gives you added peace of mind, then by all means, use 6 digits

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
PIN numbers are merely security by obscurity. There are 10,000 4-digit 0-9 combinations. How much obscurity do you need?

My personal opinion is that you're fine with 4-digits as long as you don't use something obvious like a birthday, house number, family member or pet name expressed as keypad numbers, 1234, etc. But if it gives you added peace of mind, then by all means, use 6 digits
Four digits is relatively easy to guess; 10,000 is easy to brute force. Six digits put you at 1,000,000, harder to guess and it only takes an extra half second to enter two more digits. So how inconvenient is it?

I found a combo lock that nobody knew the combo to. It had four digits. It took me about two hours to figure out the combo.

fuzzywuzzywazzafuzzy

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
^^ This is what I did and works great. As mentioned, only after a reboot do you still have to press "OK", but that's the only time.

Put in 6 numbers, select the option to not use "OK", then back out the last two numbers and quickly hit okay.
Tried that and it doesn't seem to want to show the option if I back out the last two digits. Oh well.

TooDarkPark

Mar 7, 2024
Visit site
I have always used 4. There is a trick to get this to work. Go in and enter your pin as if you are changing it. Instead of 4 digits, make it 6. The box will then show to skip pressing ok when entering the pin. Uncheck it and then check it again. Now back space to get your 4 digits and hit ok. It will now unlock with your 4 digits without hitting ok.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have always used 4. There is a trick to get this to work. Go in and enter your pin as if you are changing it. Instead of 4 digits, make it 6. The box will then show to skip pressing ok when entering the pin. Uncheck it and then check it again. Now back space to get your 4 digits and hit ok. It will now unlock with your 4 digits without hitting ok.
After trying quite a few times this explanation and method worked flawlessly. Thanks