Awful Battery

The Husain

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello all.. I'm getting AWFUL battery life. It's been 15 days I got my phone. I spent a small fortune to get this phone, and now I can't even get through Half of the day..watching so many people posting awesome results about their battery life, I'm unable to understand why only my phone is lacking so much. Please suggest me something. I'm using stock unrooted phone and don't want to root it.

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2014-08-15-16-48-02.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2014-08-15-16-48-02.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 75
  • QuickMemo+_2014-08-15-16-48-14.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2014-08-15-16-48-14.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 74

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that is with battery saving turned on.

There are updates rolling out here in Scotland, not sure about America that in my opinion are helping with battery life :)

It could be a rogue app that is causing it.

Try going into your apps and see what one is possibly causing an issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Two ways to identify rogue apps. Uninstall apps until the battery issue disappears. Last app uninstalled was the culprit. Other way is to wipe the phone and start over. Only install one app at a time until your battery life goes away.

Before I would do that I would turn off most notifications and change sync where you can to off or extend the time. My FB and pop email I have to no auto sync. My Gmail only sync every 15 minutes.

My battery goes down less than 5% while I am at work unless I use it which is seldom. If I forget to charge it overnight it only goes down about 4-5 %. Really sounds like you have an app that is pulling a lot of juice.

Oh, and I leave BT and WiFi on all the time. But if you are often out of Wifi I would turn it off. Also if you are in a weak signal area you phone will use a lot of battery trying to find a signal.

Freecableguy

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm also getting similar BL times, around 3 hours on D855 32GB 10b. Should I update to 10e? I read somewhere at XDA that 10e had worse battery life. :(

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm also getting similar BL times, around 3 hours on D855 32GB 10b. Should I update to 10e? I read somewhere at XDA that 10e had worse battery life. :(

I have good battery life and it made no difference (so far as I'm aware) when I received the 10e update, nor later when I received 10g.

Posted via Android Central App

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Battery life all depends on the user and how the device is set up. One of the biggest things that drain a battery is lack of cellular signal, when a device is constantly looking for a signal your battery suffers.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting 14-16 hrs easy with moderate/heavy use. Don't bash the phone. You are either running an app that sucks battery or forces long wakelocks, or you are in an area with poor signal. When a phone struggles to get and keep a signal (esp 3G) it will kill battery life in no time-in fact I see you are in roaming mode in your screenshots, so that would explain a lot. Did you check coverage maps in your area before choosing a carrier?

drewsg

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up, the brightness on this phone drains the battery like crazy. The battery I experience between when the brightness is turned up and when it's off is drastic. I know this should be common sense, but I don't think people realize just how much the brightness is a drain on this phone.

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My first G3 gave me awful battery life... I replaced it on my 7th day at TMobile store... New one is so much better... Almost 5 hours on screen time. Battery completely empty between 12-15 hours of use. To me that is good considering that I am a heavy heavy user. My phone is my companion.... Old one would drain in 6 hours of similar use... SOT of only 2.5 to 3 hours

Posted via the Android Central App

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I know for sure. Facebook app is a battery hog. Before I added the application, over night discharge is at most 1%. With Facebook app, it's about 3-4%. I have all the sync items turned off too. You better check your phones application you've installed. My phones battery is awesome! I get through the whole day with heavy usage, screen on time about 4.5-5 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk