AXGIO Backfit Bluetooth Earphones

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The fine folks at AXGIO provided me these Bluetooth earphones for review. These were somewhat unique for me because they were semi flexible in addition to being rectangular There is also an offset on the ear piece. I tested these headphones for a week with various devices, Android and iOS, and it worked well on all devices.

bee1a53746b96e4e23c266a13897fe5b.jpg

Build, Packing, and Fitment
The earphones came in a small box, and inside it was a soft shell case with a zipper to carry the Bluetooth earphones and accessories. In addition to the pouch, it also came with a microUSB charging cable, (3) ear cushions, and a cable management clip. The medium sized ones were pre-installed, but you can use a smaller or larger one, or mix them if you would prefer. I found that medium worked on the right ear, and small worked on the left ear. It is important to spend a few minutes to set these up to your liking and to get a good fitment. Otherwise, sound quality could be poor with a poor fitment. I found that it is easiest to put the earpiece in the ear first, then slide the cable into place.

a26e8f2ee70864a3bdacc00cc00f31f3.jpg

Personally, I don’t like the offset configuration that much , but I let my friend use it and he really liked them, so it would be a matter of personal preference.

7ca3d1c6033606033025d37a15a13bfa.jpg

Physically, the earphones seem well constructed. Even though they are made of plastic, they don’t feel cheap. They felt pretty light compared to other Bluetooth earphones that I have used. The volume and power controls are built onto the housing of the right earpiece. The other side of the right earpiece has the charging port which allows you to charge via the provided microUSB cable.

9ed403f5c663f5ef416a17502f5c72a1.jpg

Connection/Prompts/Controls
Pairing these is pretty easy. From the Powered Off state, press and hold the Power button until you hear it say Pairing. Then open the Bluetooth settings on your device and select the earphones. It may take a few seconds for your device to find the earphones.

The prompts for Power On, Power Off, Connected, Pairing, etc. are in English, which is nice because I have used Bluetooth earphones which have a series of beeps. For some reason, there is a slight “crackling” sound when at these prompts, but luckily there is no “crackling” when listening to music or watching a movie. There is no prompt when you press Play to start or stop music, but I don’t think you need one anyway. There is also no prompt when you press the Volume Up or Volume Down button. There is an audible beep when you hit maximum or minimum volume. Long pressing the Volume Up/Down buttons will allow you to go Next and Previous tracks, respectively, and there is no prompt here either.

Calls and Music
I have tested it for calls, and it works good. When getting a call, you will hear the ringtone through the Bluetooth earphones, and you press the center button to answer the call. Press the center button again to end the call. If you have music playing and receive a call, then the music will pause, and you will hear the ringtone. The music will continue again once you end the call. You can also double press the center button to call the last person you called.

The range of volume is very good, from very very low to VERY loud. When I say loud, I mean REALLY loud. Setting the earphones on my desk, I could use it as a Bluetooth speaker, granted not a very loud one, but you get the idea. I couldn’t listen to the volume on maximum because it hurt my ears. But to the sound didn’t distort even on the maximum level that wouldn’t hurt my ears.

Sound Quality
I am not an audiophile by any means, but I will say that music sounded good on these earphones. I also have a set of Jaybird X2, which I think sound a little better, but also cost 3-4x as much. It has a good amount of bass, but it isn’t bass heavy like Beats. I would say for most people, the sound quality would be more than adequate.

Exercising
One of the main reasons why I bought these are because of the water resistance (IPX4). I sweat quite a bit when exercising, and so far, these earphones still work great. They are noise isolating, so please be careful if you use them jogging in the streets. Even when running, there is very minimal cord noise. The cord itself forms an ear hook which helps to hold the Bluetooth earphones in place when exercising.

Conclusion
If you are looking for a pair of sport earphones for a reasonable price then look no further. These provide great quality for the budget oriented sport Bluetooth earphone shopper.

Normally, these go for $29.99, but for a limited time, AXGIO is selling them for $18.99 with coupon code “JHVGAMXV”:

https://www.amazon.com/AXGIO-Backfi...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5599284

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards