Back again ... for good

anon(10621852)

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Well, I think I'm finally done with iOS. Every major update seems to be worse than the last one and the annoying bugs never go away. I just simply don't get any pleasure out of using it. I'm just DONE. Admittedly, I've jumped to Android about four or five times over the last 10 years and ultimately went back to iOS because I felt like I couldn't live without iMessage and Facetime. Always felt like the odd one out because the rest of my family is on iOS - and that used to bother me - not anymore. Anyone can download Google Duo - video chat issue solved. iMessage? Whatever. It's just not that important to me anymore.

Android just does things in a more logical way, in my opinion. Biggest example - notifications. This has always been my biggest complaint with iOS. Your notifications are not front and center - you have to swipe down on the left side to see if anything's there, and this is how you end up MISSING notifications! Android just manages notifications 100 times better - all notifications are right in front of you and you have different options on how to take action. Just makes so much more sense. Apple's new iOS14 "app drawer" is an absolute joke - it's really not an app drawer, it's just a nonsensical mess that the user has little to no control over.

The myriad of standard features you get with Android compared to iOS makes it's a no-brainer (for me).

While I'm waiting for my S21+ to be delivered, I've been trying to figure out how to approach the whole Samsung/Google apps redundancy thing. Do I fully immerse myself into the Google ecosystem (which is starting to sound like the smarter choice) or fully immerse myself into the Samsung ecosystem. I know there's always quite a few duplicate apps between Samsung and Google. It's great that you have a choice, but it does kind of require one to think about which 'side' they wanna stick with (email, cloud storage, photos, etc).

Anyway, glad to be back, and I'm thinking I'm back for good this time. Life's just too short to remain 'chained' to iOS and unhappy with something you use and rely on every single day.

:cool:

** The one thing that has always been a huge source of frustration for me when I've jumped to Android, is being able to text full resolution photos and videos (videos mostly) to an iPhone. Videos come out blurry and are pretty much useless because the files aren't being sent through iMessage. To this day, I still don't know a way around this. If I shoot a video on my Android device, it's useless to text it to an iPhone as the other person will only see a blurry mess.

Does anyone know of a way to send full resolution video and photos from Android to iPhone?? Or is this always going to be a problem? I don't see Android getting iMessage anytime soon. I know there's an app called AirMessage, but from what I know about it, it's more of a hassle to set up/maintain than it's worth.

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to send full resolution video and photos from Android to iPhone??

Get out of the mentality that a text message is how you need to send that media. Get your contacts on board with an alternate messaging platform or put the media in a place such as Google photos and message them a link to the picture or video. In reality, you weren't texting it before, but Apple handled the transport.

Android to Android should be improving as more people adopt RCS, but until Apple adopts it you won't be able to send that stuff to people with iPhones at any kind of quality.

anon(10621852)

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Get out of the mentality that a text message is how you need to send that media. Get your contacts on board with an alternate messaging platform or put the media in a place such as Google photos and message them a link to the picture or video. In reality, you weren't texting it before, but Apple handled the transport.

Android to Android should be improving as more people adopt RCS, but until Apple adopts it you won't be able to send that stuff to people with iPhones at any kind of quality.

I do plan on subscribing to Google One, which should give me plenty of space for photo and video. Seems easy enough to simply send someone a link where they can 'fetch' the media themselves. Not nearly as quick and seamless as iMessage, but at least they'll have access to a full resolution photo or video (I hope).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back to Android Central and to the world of Android!

With regards to Samsung versus Google's apps, it's hard to pick! Personally I've used both extensively and I actually prefer Samsung's apps for most of my needs (Clock, Messages, Calendar). Perhaps try both apps out for a time and see which ones you like better! Sometimes, trial and error works best!

Let us know how you like your S21+ when it arrives!

anon(10621852)

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Welcome back to Android Central and to the world of Android!

With regards to Samsung versus Google's apps, it's hard to pick! Personally I've used both extensively and I actually prefer Samsung's apps for most of my needs (Clock, Messages, Calendar). Perhaps try both apps out for a time and see which ones you like better! Sometimes, trial and error works best!

Let us know how you like your S21+ when it arrives!

Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good to have you back! As RCS takes hold on more and more devices, you'll be able to enjoy iMessage-like functionality on your Android device anyway!:)

anon(10621852)

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Good to have you back! As RCS takes hold on more and more devices, you'll be able to enjoy iMessage-like functionality on your Android device anyway!:)

Well that's good news! I'm not in the loop on the whole RCS thing .... is RCS a thing on ANY Android devices right now? I would think if any OEM had it, it would be Samsung (?)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome back!! back up your samsung through smart switch on the pc , keeps everything including sd card ,home screen layout,call logs , messages .

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back to the green side. :)

Well, I think I'm finally done with iOS. Every major update seems to be worse than the last one and the annoying bugs never go away.

I would put a more positive spin on it and say every update is better than the next! Ironically, I came up with that phrase after similar experiences on Android. No one is perfect. Lol

anon(10621852)

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Welcome back to the green side. :)

I would put a more positive spin on it and say every update is better than the next! Ironically, I came up with that phrase after similar experiences on Android. No one is perfect. Lol

Neither platform is perfect, obviously. I'm ready and accepting of the fact that I'm probably going to run into bugs. But overall, I just prefer the way Android manages things compared to Apple.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Neither platform is perfect, obviously. I'm ready and accepting of the fact that I'm probably going to run into bugs. But overall, I just prefer the way Android manages things compared to Apple.
I hear ya and did the same thing. In fact, I used both platforms for a few years.

As you daid, neither is perfect. It's about finding the one that works best for you.

Best of luck!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome back!
I been using Samsung phones for several years now, and I have no issues using a lot of the Samsung apps on my phone.
For email, cloud, notes and other important stuff I need on the cloud, I use Google apps.
This system has worked great for me for many years.
Like Morty mentioned; trial and error.
Sent From the TARDIS

violet_teloiv

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Well, I think I'm finally done with iOS.

Hello there fellow Apple refugee! I’ve just jumped ship myself this week after finally getting completely fed up with the sub-par user experience with my iPhone SE 2. Not to mention the unsatisfactory iPhone 11 experience before that...

While I'm waiting for my S21+ to be delivered

I also went for a Galaxy S21+. Ordered it yesterday & got a tentative delivery date of May 14th. I can’t wait.

Anyway, glad to be back...Life's just too short to remain 'chained' to iOS and unhappy with something you use and rely on every single day.

My thoughts exactly! Hope you’re enjoying the heck out of your S21+.