Back cover on Samsung website

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It is good to know that the Energizer pad standard will work. I am sad to hear that the back panel is thicker.

Can anyone who has this cover talk about the quality or material of the part? One of my only hardware gripes is that the factory back being so shiny and thin makes the phone feel cheaper than need be. Any chance the inductive back cover has a matte or textured finish?

Bump for this question.

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree with that last post. That's my main interest. I hate using cases on my phones, so the flimsy cheap plastic backing that came stock on the Charge annoys me. I want something sturdier, preferably matte or rubberish like my old Incredible. Anyone have a comment on the build quality of this backing?

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
It is for the inductive charger. I think the backs we are getting with the phones are Verizon backs and not a genuine Samsung part. Notice the Samsing part has Galaxy S on it as well.

Last edited:

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If it helps with the 'no connectivity' issue, then I'm there. If not I'll stick with the $6 battery backs.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well here are the pictures but I will not be keeping it. It unfortunately makes the phone slightly thicker and will not allow the handset to fit in any of the standard cases. There seems to be a PC board of some type stashed under a cover plate with the contacts on it.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It is for the inductive charger. I think the backs we are getting with the phones are Verizon backs and not a genuine Samsung part. Notice the Samsing part has Galaxy S on it as well.

That one isn't. That's a regular door. (Notice the price of $9.99)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder