back to stock for a bit

ekinnyc

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i think i wanna take a break from custom roms for now - been increasingly unhappy with aokp/franco (phone gets super hot, terrible battery life even though everyone raves about franco r283 - im just not getting the same performance)

how do i unroot/relock (to clear out the cobwebs), then reroot/unlock but leave it rooted with stock VZW JB?

i noticed that theres now a mac version of galaxy toolkit, which is intriguing, but has anyone used it? i see it only gives an option to relock to vzw 4.0.4 - if i do that, upgrade to 4.1.1 OTA, can i reroot then? also, what the heck is odin? i see theres an option in the toolkit: "Install Stock Jelly Bean / Unroot to Stock Jelly Bean [Odin for Mac]"

sorry, its been a while, i thought id better ask

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Read this sticky: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...rn-stock-factory-images-vzw-galaxy-nexus.html

Better than using a toolkit, IMO. He even posted a video of taking someone back to stock. I've done it on my N7 (basically all the same commands as the GNex) and it is very painless.

Edit: for reference that post links to the stock 4.1.1 image so you'll be fully updated (to at least what has been released to AOSP for our phones).