Back to the Note 4!

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have decided to give android another go with the note 4. I have an unlocked version that I am switching between Tmobile and att sim cards with.

I am a long time apple fan but wanted a big screen. I had the 6 plus for awhile but after my first one bent I realized the build quality wasn't what everyone makes it up to be. I also don't like how gigantic the 6 plus is with a smaller screen than the note. It doesn't make sense to me lol.

We will see how long I can make the note 4 work!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back and hope you enjoy it!

Curious -- Did you have your 6+ in a case? I have mine in one .. no issue with bending so far.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
First time I saw my daughter's x boyfriend pull his 6+ out of his pocket I thought it was an iPad mini at first. Criminy .
Glad you're giving the Note4 another chance.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to give android another go with the note 4. I have an unlocked version that I am switching between Tmobile and att sim cards with.

I am a long time apple fan but wanted a big screen. I had the 6 plus for awhile but after my first one bent I realized the build quality wasn't what everyone makes it up to be. I also don't like how gigantic the 6 plus is with a smaller screen than the note. It doesn't make sense to me lol.

We will see how long I can make the note 4 work!!

One HUGE word of advice if you're wanting to give it a good effort, understand right from the beginning that this isn't an iPhone. I know it sounds obvious, but so many people come from Apple to Android and go back because they're too shocked that Android was different. It is different. Look at the commercials that say so. Embrace the differences if you can, or go back to Apple if you can't. Just remember there's a reason that you left the iPhone. It obviously wasn't meeting your needs.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome back and hope you enjoy it!

Curious -- Did you have your 6+ in a case? I have mine in one .. no issue with bending so far.

The one that bent I did not - but I take very good care of my things. I don't sit on my phones, dont wear super tight jeans.
When I got the replacement I bought the black leather case from apple but I HATE cases.
I guess the prospect of it bending again gave me anxiety which I think is silly for a phone! haha

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I moved to Note 4 from iPhone because i love the SPen and its removable battery

I love my Note 4. But my fear is that Samsung will do away with the removable battery and microSD options, like they've done with the S6 and S6 Edge. IMHO these were two of the best (most desirable) options about Samsung devices. What difference does it make to have up to 128GB of internal memory if you can't remove it to transfer it to a new (or extra) phone or other device??? And with these large, high output screens, I'd rather carry an extra battery around than have to carry around a charger (and look for a place to plug it in). Yes, there are plug-in battery packs available, but I don't want the extra unwieldy bulk of trying to use my phone with something plugged into it while it's charging. So I (and I'm sure just about all other Note 4 users) hope that these options remain on the upcoming Note 5.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm an iPhone 6 plus user currently waiting for my Verizon note 4 in the mail. I switch back and forth between android and iOS. Tested the note 4 s pen at bestbuy and loved the accuracy. And oh yeah I like multi windows.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I love my Note 4. But my fear is that Samsung will do away with the removable battery and microSD options, like they've done with the S6 and S6 Edge. IMHO these were two of the best (most desirable) options about Samsung devices. What difference does it make to have up to 128GB of internal memory if you can't remove it to transfer it to a new (or extra) phone or other device??? And with these large, high output screens, I'd rather carry an extra battery around than have to carry around a charger (and look for a place to plug it in). Yes, there are plug-in battery packs available, but I don't want the extra unwieldy bulk of trying to use my phone with something plugged into it while it's charging. So I (and I'm sure just about all other Note 4 users) hope that these options remain on the upcoming Note 5.

No Removable battery is a non issue. Plenty of portable power banks to solve that problem.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The "touchwiz lag" was very evident to me. Even after resets and even a reload of the OS. The camera wasn't as good (very blurry images sometimes) and the battery life wasn't up to par with the 6 plus either.

I really wanted to like it. I really did. I do love the customization and that gorgeous screen. It just didn't do it for me.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
As far as touchwiz, using a different launcher such as nova corrects that. Touchwiz has always been known for that.

Battery, I get 15+ hours of normal use out of mine. On the days I have a need, I bought the spare battery kit Samsung sells, which you could get for $25 thru Samsung with the 50% off code for registering your phone. Battery dies, just throw the spare battery in and your at 100% again, the benefit of removable battery. I very seldom have to use the spare battery, and I use my phone a lot.

With that said, iPhone could just be better suited for you which is fine. I am just letting you know there are other options with the note 4.

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I may be in the minority here but my Note 4 has zero lag on TouchWiz. Easily getting 5-6 hours SOT and have a spare always on standby, also with quickcharging, 15-20 on the charger goes a long way.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't experience that lag others talk about either. I wonder if it has to do with location some how.

Posted via the Android Central App

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
This thread is useless anyway, as a person switching from a 6+ to a note 4 was hoping op would give some meaningful input but he lost me when he claimed the note 4 too blurry pictures and battery.

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
The "touchwiz lag" was very evident to me. Even after resets and even a reload of the OS. The camera wasn't as good (very blurry images sometimes) and the battery life wasn't up to par with the 6 plus either.

I really wanted to like it. I really did. I do love the customization and that gorgeous screen. It just didn't do it for me.

This is why someone else said "This is an Android phone, not an iPhone". Did you spend any time researching how is improve lag, etc. It took me all of 10 minutes to figure out what someone else suggested. Use the Nova launcher. Secondly, enable Developer options and change the 3 animation related settings from value 1.0 to either 0.5, or 0, and your lag will disappear. As for the camera, take it from someone who has had many phones, including what is still the best camera phone in the market photo quality wise, the Nokia Lumia 1020, the Note 4 is better than the iPhone in the camera dept in pretty much every comparison ever written. You need to invest a tiny amount of time learning how to use it. Hope this doesn't come across as offensive, I'm a gadget nut, and have used iPhones, Android phones and Windows Phones extensively, and I think the iPhone is heavily over rated. What is very good about it is that it just works. It doesn't need any research or changes in launcher, etc. So for people who are not willing to invest a few hours researching, its great. For everyone else, its overpriced, and no where near as feature rich as some of its competitors.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
A lot of users don't want to "learn" how to use the Note 4 camera correctly as you describe. I gave up the Note 4 for the same reasons. 99 % of the pictures I took were completely blurry and unusable. I never had to think of how to use the camera on the Iphone 6 that I have and every Iphone before that. As a point and shoot camera, which in my opinion most people want it to work that way, it is miles ahead of the Note 4. I never get blurry photos on it or unusable pics.

The Note was a great phone otherwise. I still experienced lag on it as well compared to the iphone though. Camera was definitely the deal breaker for me especially if you have kids running around and want to snap a quick shot.

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
A lot of users don't want to "learn" how to use the Note 4 camera correctly as you describe. I gave up the Note 4 for the same reasons. 99 % of the pictures I took were completely blurry and unusable. I never had to think of how to use the camera on the Iphone 6 that I have and every Iphone before that. As a point and shoot camera, which in my opinion most people want it to work that way, it is miles ahead of the Note 4. I never get blurry photos on it or unusable pics.

The Note was a great phone otherwise. I still experienced lag on it as well compared to the iphone though. Camera was definitely the deal breaker for me especially if you have kids running around and want to snap a quick shot.

I guess for whatever reason I haven't had any issues with the camera. It has worked for me flawlessly every time. I actually didn't spend any time trying to learn how to use it. I assumed you guys were having issues because of some setting. But honestly it just works great for me. Not a single blurry picture so far.

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Come to think of it, there was one setting I turned on day 1. That is HDR

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc