Back up photos

PirateSonny

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
How do you guys back up your photos? I want to keep flashing new ROMS, but I also take tons of pictures and am afraid of them being deleted. Is there an easier way to copy photos to the PC then back to phone? If you use Titanium Backup on the gallery, does it cause the gray data bar issues?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You will not lose your pictures flashing a ROM. The SD card is not affected by flashing a ROM... only once during the unlock process (or if you lock again).

Google+ and Dropbox both offer photo sync as well.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I upload all my photos to Picasa using an app called Picasa Tools. The app allows batch upload and remembers which ones you've previously uploaded. You can also turn on Instant Upload in Google+ but from what I've read, I believe Instant Upload reduces the size of the photos.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I use Folder Sync, which is great because I can choose any folder (say, Download or DCIM) and sync it to a folder in any cloud service (or most of them, anyway). I sync those two folders to Box.net, and I have the sync to take place at 1:00 am every night. You can also set it to sync both ways, so you can drop stuff into your cloud service folder and it will sync it back down to your phone.

Reactions: jennyfur

PirateSonny

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I should really start uploading my photos to a cloud service....

So if I wipe /data and /cache, my gallery would be untouched? If it's any concern, i'm using aokp m5, trying to go to r37.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I was using Picasa via the Gallery, but I've switched to Google Drive since that automatically syncs my uploaded pics to my PC. (The Picasa software? Bitc*, please. :p)

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Gottcha, thanks. I use it occasionally for smaller files, but I got frustrated with it because it seemed to always choke on transfers of any significant size, like 400MB video files, etc. Or large-ish batches of MP3s.

I agree, if I'm transferring large files or a large number of files I use USB.

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been using an app called Sweet Home and it has been working well. It automatically uploads my new photos to a designated folder on my home computer when connected to the same WiFi. I have previously used some cloud services but was burned when my wife wanted to re-use the photos in a photo book. Something about uploading the photos to the cloud and then re-downloading them that caused the photos to become pixelated when used in a photo book. For now I still feel most comfortable storing my photos on my home computer, and Sweet Home does a great job with the automatic upload.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I have been using Google+ Instant Upload. Seems to work pretty well and doesn't have a limit on storage.

However, I've seen some comments here that Google+ reduces the file size. Is this true? Does it affect image quality?

If so I would probably use Google Drive since I have massive amounts of space available there. I'm sure there apps coming out that will leverage the Drive APIs to instantly upload to Drive.

I'm starting to get a little confused between all these Google Services. I have tons of photos on Picas Web Storage. Now I have lots on photos on Google+. I also have videos and other files on Google Drive. :D

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to get a little confused between all these Google Services. I have tons of photos on Picas Web Storage. Now I have lots on photos on Google+. I also have videos and other files on Google Drive. :D

Story of Google's business plan...several overlapping services that don't live up to their full potential. Like Google talk/hangouts on google plus having potential to be android's iMessage/BBM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24