Back-ups...

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
What are you using you back up your Galaxy? Google cloud? Samsung cloud? Carrier (Verizon) cloud? Do any have any limitations? I notice that one of them (Samsung, I think) doesn't back up text messages. Do you find any other limitations. Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you want full back up then do it on your PC with Samsung Smart switch.

I use all 3 methods on Samsung
1. PC smart switch
2. Google back up
3. Samsung cloud

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I also use Samsung's Smart Switch from my PC. Very easy to do. You can select certain individual items or a complete back-up. (as @mustang7757 stated) The program backs up all my messages, including images that were attached in the Samsung Message App.

I've used Smart Switch successfully on my last 4 Samsung phones & 3 Samsung tablets.

It's worth checking out!
:)

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
If you want full back up then do it on your PC with Samsung Smart switch.

I use all 3 methods on Samsung
1. PC smart switch
2. Google back up
3. Samsung cloud

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mustang. Yes, I absolutely want to do a full back up...and I am not at all familiar with Samsung Smart Switch. I might not be able to as my home office IT have a setting that doesn't allow data transfer via cable, thumb drive, etc. -- but I will give it a shot! Thanks again!

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
I also use Samsung's Smart Switch from my PC. Very easy to do. You can select certain individual items or a complete back-up. (as @mustang7757 stated) The program backs up all my messages, including images that were attached in the Samsung Message App.

I've used Smart Switch successfully on my last 4 Samsung phones & 3 Samsung tablets.

It's worth checking out!

Thanks BB...is there a cost/fee? Monthly? Do I have to download the app? I'll give it a shot -- and thanks again!

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks BB...is there a cost/fee? Monthly? Do I have to download the app? I'll give it a shot -- and thanks again!

No cost or subscription. It's a free Samsung program.

Here's the link:

Edit: Can't get the link to post. You can just Google Samsung Smart Switch. You'll see the link to the Samsung site which has the different install options.

I use the Windows PC version. After setup, it might require the app to be downloaded to your phone once you are connected to your device. It's all fairly automated.

However, if you're going to use just the version on the phone, you can grab it from the Galaxy Store app on your device.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Mustang. Yes, I absolutely want to do a full back up...and I am not at all familiar with Samsung Smart Switch. I might not be able to as my home office IT have a setting that doesn't allow data transfer via cable, thumb drive, etc. -- but I will give it a shot! Thanks again!
Ok like mentioned a usb c stick also with Smart switch

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Can I use smart switch with my Mac air? Once I connect the USB cable, I could backup to a folder/drive on my Mac air, correct?