Backing up HTC One

c613m

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Might be a stupid question, but coming from iPhone / iTunes where everything would backup as soon as I plug it into my Mac... is there a way to do a daily backup of my phone? So if something happened, I wouldn't lose my data?

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
if you're rooted, use Titanium Backup for apps or do a Nandroid backup to create an complete image of your current system.

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
HTC has a built-in backup setting that uses your Dropbox account (and gives you ~25 GB free). It's under settings. If it's set to Google, click on Google, and it should give you the option to use your HTC account.

c613m

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
HTC has a built-in backup setting that uses your Dropbox account (and gives you ~25 GB free). It's under settings. If it's set to Google, click on Google, and it should give you the option to use your HTC account.

Oh cool, that'll work for now! Mine was set to Google, obviously I'll use Dropbox instead. Thanks!

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Depends on the carrier for the 25gb for free. I use AT&T so I am not eligible for the free storage, unless you know of a way around that.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

What if we leave it on Google? Does that mean we have a back up of our phone on Google? Is it a complete backup with pics, video, text messages and apps?

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I use google to backup all my contacts.
Dropbox for my photos and files
Lastly, Carbon for game save files( no root needed)

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
HTC's built in app is the best. It backed up all setting and apps to dropbox for me. The only downside is that you have to choose either/or to backup to. You have to choose either HTC's backup or Google's. Cant choose both.

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Google's BU is crap. It does not restore any settings or even all of the playstore apps. Other than contacts (which has its own quirks) nothing else is reliable. Which is really a shame.
I have another question. If rooted and got wiped, then recreated everything from sratch to where you want it. Now you have Ti BU/HTC both of which can do it on the cloud. Will installing a new ROM like the HD, then restoring from cloud, just bring back all your settings without wiping the new ROM ? I hope its clear what I am asking?

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC's built in app is the best. It backed up all setting and apps to dropbox for me. The only downside is that you have to choose either/or to backup to. You have to choose either HTC's backup or Google's. Cant choose both.

As nice as that is, since I have to pick one, I much prefer backing up to Google as I switch phones every few months(although I have a feeling I am keeping my one for a long time!).

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Go to App Store, download HTC backup install follow steps :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wonder why AT&T didn't include this app from the start? Even in the description, it says that HTC Backup is preinstalled on all HTC One's except for AT&T's.

StuartGW

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
But beware HTC backup doesn't cover everything. In particular it doesn't backup app data or ever some apps.