Backup to switch note 3

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Excited about the note 3 coming out. I have the note 2 now so should everything be backed up already or is there an extra backup I should do

Using the wonderful and amazing Samsung Note 2

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you set up and log into your Samsung account you should be good.

Also, if you're like me and use Google for your contacts then no matter which Android device you everything with sync up just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you know what kind of Display the Note 3 is going to have? I notice you're getting ready to buy it so you must know something I don't.

I just want to make sure it has the same Display as our Note 2 but it will be 1080p of course.. I just need to know it will not be a downgrade to a pentile display like the display the S4 and S3 uses. It would also be fine if its a Super LCD / IPS Display, if Samsung didn't go with a Super AMOLED "Plus".

By Plus I mean RGB pixel layout. Like you would find on any good Display. I just couldn't downgrade my screen after having such a great Display on my Note 2.

I know I will definitely end up getting a Note 3 if it has the same Display as our Note 2's or a good LCD. But I would wait a few months for the Note 4 if the Display on the Note 3 is Pentile like the S4 or S3.

Off topic, I was just reading about LG's new display it's Quad HD 2560x1440, 5.5" Display. It's just insane. Who the, what the, why the hell?

I mean really the Note 2 has a 1280x720 Display and it rocks. You can't even see the pixel's. 1920x1080 is already pushing it on smart phone Displays.. Even though the S4 isn't a true 1080p display due to it being pentile, that's why it looks so grainy on white or none dark backgrounds and has the line effect. That's why I couldn't handle a pentile display, along with many other people.

But still. That LG display is crazy and not needed but its all about the marketing and that would sound good to anyone even people that know having 580ppi on a 5.5" display wouldn't make a difference at all besides eat more battery.

Back on topic. Do you know if the Note 3 has a good screen? Basically anything non Pentile but if it uses the Note 2's SUPER AMOLED PLUS it wound be all the better. Even if it's not 1080p. It would be fine, after all the display is only 5.68" and the screen on our Note 2 has a 5.55" display.

Anyway, let me know if you can.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you know what kind of Display the Note 3 is going to have? I notice you're getting ready to buy it so you must know something I don't.

I just want to make sure it has the same Display as our Note 2 but it will be 1080p of course.. I just need to know it will not be a downgrade to a pentile display like the display the S4 and S3 uses. It would also be fine if its a Super LCD / IPS Display, if Samsung didn't go with a Super AMOLED "Plus".

By Plus I mean RGB pixel layout. Like you would find on any good Display. I just couldn't downgrade my screen after having such a great Display on my Note 2.

I know I will definitely end up getting a Note 3 if it has the same Display as our Note 2's or a good LCD. But I would wait a few months for the Note 4 if the Display on the Note 3 is Pentile like the S4 or S3.

Off topic, I was just reading about LG's new display it's Quad HD 2560x1440, 5.5" Display. It's just insane. Who the, what the, why the hell?

I mean really the Note 2 has a 1280x720 Display and it rocks. You can't even see the pixel's. 1920x1080 is already pushing it on smart phone Displays.. Even though the S4 isn't a true 1080p display due to it being pentile, that's why it looks so grainy on white or none dark backgrounds and has the line effect. That's why I couldn't handle a pentile display, along with many other people.

But still. That LG display is crazy and not needed but its all about the marketing and that would sound good to anyone even people that know having 580ppi on a 5.5" display wouldn't make a difference at all besides eat more battery.

Back on topic. Do you know if the Note 3 has a good screen? Basically anything non Pentile but if it uses the Note 2's SUPER AMOLED PLUS it wound be all the better. Even if it's not 1080p. It would be fine, after all the display is only 5.68" and the screen on our Note 2 has a 5.55" display.

Anyway, let me know if you can.

You said you would be fine if they kept the 720p screen. That would drop the PPI from 267 to 258. I doubt they would do that. It's gonna be 1080p. And I agree with you, it better be non-pentile or all bets are off. Impossible to know for sure at this point. But we can only hope that they continue on with the S-stripe RGB non-pentile.

Soon Danielson, very soon....

Sent from my small screen iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you guys notice the pentile screen at that res I'll be very impressed.

I could hardly tell the difference with my Samsung Galaxy S compared to my Note 2.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I could notice a big difference. ie, look the the Samsung Galaxy S3's display then look at the Note 2's display. There is a big difference, the S3 looks grainy and it has a much smaller display then the Note 2 yet it looks beautiful and you can't even see the pixels. They are both the same resolution, that's the difference between Pentile and RGB. It's a big one.

I will say though. The Note 3 is 1080p so it has a higher PPI and it's just a little bigger then the Note 2. 386 PPI vs the Note 2's 267 PPI but like I said. The reason the Note 2 display looks just as good as the Note 3's is the Note 2 uses RGB so you get one more sub pixel per pixel then you get on the Note 3.

I haven't seen close up shots on the Note 3 display so I can't say for sure that you won't get the pentile effect. But I would guess that if you did it would be very minimal. So I'm sure the Note 3 will have a display that's just as good or better then the Note 2. Not that the human eye can even see the defaults of pentile at that PPI.

I mean they are already talking about the displays that will go into the 2014 phones or the high end phones anyway. LG is going to have a 2x full HD display. So rather then 3k pixels you will have more like 6k pixels on phones to come. And that's just pure crazy because you can't even tell, the eye can't see it. It's almost like a marketing scam.

I think they should just work on perfecting 1080p displays for the best color, contrast, viewing angles and how much battery it uses. Rather then add more pixel's.