Bad light leakage

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that my phone has bad light leakage under the capacitive keys... just noticed it today when I lowered my screen brightness... The darker screen allows me to see this leakage more in the dark as apposed to a really bright screen...

Will Verizon switch my phone out now that it is unlocked? This is a hardware issue and not a software issue...

Should I just call and exchange it without mentioning that the phone is unlocked? Will they even find out?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The leakage is obviously due to the LED lights that light up the red cap buttons... but I don't think that there should be any light leakage at all... its only towards the bottom... its almost as if they didn't seal it right because the right side is more noticeable than the left...

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have this same issue. I don't think they will exchange if they get a lot of people complaining. Then they would have to exchange quite a few.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Why is it such an issue, it's minimal to say the least. Do you find yourself using your phones at odd viewing angles on a regular basis. It doesn't effect the screen one iota.

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Why is it such an issue, it's minimal to say the least. Do you find yourself using your phones at odd viewing angles on a regular basis. It doesn't effect the screen one iota.

I guess I'm just worried that if there is leakage... it means that there is a slight opening...which in turn leads to dust getting under your screen... I've seen it happen many times before...

Someone in another forum suggested I toggle the LED lights off... There is an app for doing this.... Will look for it...

B

budmonster

If the lights are suppose to be red and not pink why cant I return my phone? I just payed all this money for it and signed up for a new 2 yr upgrade and I'm stuck with a pink phone? There's gotta be a way to get a "working" one?

Android Powered

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that my phone has bad light leakage under the capacitive keys... just noticed it today when I lowered my screen brightness... The darker screen allows me to see this leakage more in the dark as apposed to a really bright screen...
Will Verizon switch my phone out now that it is unlocked? This is a hardware issue and not a software issue...

Should I just call and exchange it without mentioning that the phone is unlocked? Will they even find out?

Just noticed this as well, though it's ever so slight. Hopefully it doesn't worsen because I love this phone.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I get light leakage in the opposite direction. Mine, if you tilt the phone down from you, leaks light from the capacitive upwards towards screen. Does not affect screen, I just know its there....

dkear

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I get light leakage in the opposite direction. Mine, if you tilt the phone down from you, leaks light from the capacitive upwards towards screen. Does not affect screen, I just know its there....

Exact same thing for me. It doesn't bother me though, you can only see it if you tilt it like that in the dark

Tapatalkin on htc Rezound

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine has it too. It's usually not that much of a problem. It does rear its head when the dust that gets under the screen from the poor sealing clumps together in one place and causes the screen to be inaccurate or to not turn on during a phone call. The one you got just has bad build quality like mine.:mad:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh my goodness mine is doing it too... If this seems a little mellow dramatic it was meant to. I agree that for the money perfection is expected, but I haven't met anyone who has successfully exchanged for pink buttons or light leakage. What sucks is my wife and I both have the Rezound and hers has red buttons and mine has pink and if she hadn't dropped and scared the corner of her phone I would just swap with her. Interestingly enough mine has the menu for the charm and hers doesn't. Not that we'll be getting the charm, I'm just saying. To the poster that feared that the light leakage would lead to dust leakage I say there are too many other places where you'll get dust, but the edge of the phone is not likely to be one. The screen is sealed just not the plate/backing/or whatever they're calling it under the screen. Otherwise my very wet installation of the screen protector would have probably caused some serious problems. None of these issues has stopped me from showing off my (better than yours nah nah na boo boo:p) device to all my friends.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milaco