Battery charger WITHOUT battery?

jumpo64

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know where I could find a battery charger without the battery?

I bought the extended battery for my GN on launch day, however, I would like a way to charge my spare battery while it's not in my phone. I know Verizon sells a battery/charger combo, but I don't really need a 3rd battery laying around.

I know amazon sells some general battery chargers from Samsung, I just have no way to know if they will work with the GN battery.

jumpo64

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering about this charger on Amazon

It's not specifically for the Nexus, but I've compared the batteries for the phones it lists and that of the GN and they appear to be the same size. I know that's not a lot to go off of, but I would take a $4 gamble.

ylomnstr

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the spare charger from Verizon that comes with the spare battery. $39.99 normally. I got it for $29.99 with my corporate discount. I also ordered the extended battery for $25, so I figure I'll just sell the spare standard battery on ebay and the spare charger will end up being free :)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I just bought the spare charger from Verizon that comes with the spare battery. $39.99 normally. I got it for $29.99 with my corporate discount. I also ordered the extended battery for $25, so I figure I'll just sell the spare standard battery on ebay and the spare charger will end up being free :)

Did the same last night. Got the charger/battery for $30 and then the extended battery for $25. I'm keeping all of it. Can't hurt to have the extended as the main battery and two extra stock ones :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jumpo64

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

Looks like that might work. But at $30, we may as well but the Battery/Charger combo.

I'm starting to question my decision to buy the extended battery since I've been hearing it doesn't work with hardshell cases (Otterbox, Casemate). I was really on set on getting a case. I NEVER dropped my OG droid in over 2 years of owning it, but the GN is a bit slippery in my hands and I'm nervous about it taking a spill.

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about this too, but I'm heavily leaning on getting the extra battery and charger combo from VZW, especially if I can get it for $20. 99% of the time 2 batteries will be enough - there will be that occasional time that third one will come in handy like if your camping or traveling (long plane rides and watching lots of movies or just walking around all day using phone to find things ... etc.). With my Droid X I had the OEM battery, extended Seido battery, and two crappy super cheap batteries from China ($10 for 2 batteries and a charger on ebay) - I appreciated having those extra crap batteries a few times a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanostu7