Battery Charging Very Slow

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This just started happening the other night. Noticed that my GNex was taking forever to charge. 20 minutes on the AC charger only got it up to 9% when its usually at 20%+ at this point.

I used to be able to charge and use the the phone normally and it will still charge. Now the battery just gets lower and eventually dies.
Did a wipe of the cache and that seemed to fix the problem but only temporarily.

For what its worth, when I go to Battery stats it says Charging (USB) when connected with the AC charger. Is that normal? I have never noticed that before.

Edit:
did a 2nd cache wipe and battery went from 42% down to 21% when it booted up.

Charging another Nexus as I type this and I'm not having any issues, which leaves me to believe its this particular one.

938ce91e-7c65-23c7.jpg

Last edited:

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
same charger with different phone? must be the phone.

could be worthwhile just trying a wall wart which outputs 1A of current or more.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's got to be either the phone or the battery. Try replacing the battery first, and if you still have issues the Nexus.

That's a strange problem, though. Did you expose the phone to any harsh conditions (like extreme heat or cold)? Because that's the only thing that should trigger that response.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
It turns out it was the charger going crazy. Tried another usb cable and plugged it into the adapter and now it's charging as AC. Cheap Samsung cables.. . :banghead:

Top Sales

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem with my new AT&T S3. I was afraid that I had a defective phone. Turns out, I was wrong. The charger supplied with the phone (Model ETA0U60JBE) is rated at 0.7 amps, so charging a 2100mAh Battery is going to be slow, if you use the stock charger. It was taking 2+ hours to go from 70% to 80%. I bought the Rocket Fish Mobile USB Wall Charger (Model RF-USB-95 - $14.99). It is rated at 2.1 amps, available at Best Buy or BestBuy.com. I would also recommend spending some $$ on a decent USB 2.0 Cable to go along with the Charger, as this seems to make a difference in charge rate as well. With the new Charger and $20 USB Cable, the S3 is charging at the rate of 25% - 30% per hour. Color me happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZAID