Battery Drain (100% to 10% in 4 hours)

Ahmed Moussa1

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my new watch now for almost a week with sim card inside. It has been amazing from all aspects.

Even with heavy usage, battery was getting to 10% by end of the day which is fine with me.

However, today is a different story. I got up at 6 am as usual and took the watch off the charger and left it there. After nearly 3 hours, i put on the watch and went for a walk with my watch and phone.

When i got back home, i was surprised to see the battery is only at 11% although i hardly used the watch. Looking at the battery graph, i figured out that it looks like the same issue we had with nexus 5 battery drain bug. How? because when i put back on the charger, it was charging at the same speed as it was drained out. This means that something wrong is happening in the background.

I did not see anyone reported similar problem so i hope it's only a bug and not a common issue.

Screenshot_20160423-094020.jpg Screenshot_20160423-103221.jpg

ekerbudeeeek

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Did you install a watch face that has weather on it? I did and it drained exactly like that! So I removed it and I'm back to 7% an hour

Posted via the Android Central App

Ahmed Moussa1

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
No. I am using the default LG Modern watch face. Nothing special. It has been running fine since I restarted the watch.

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
what do you mean with a watch face that has weather on it ?
please clarify that .
i also have a nexus 5 that drains faster when data is enabled or using camera.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
How do you pull up that battery page I have a Verizon urbane 2

The battery usage page is on the Android Wear app on your phone. On the first page select the cogged wheel in the upper right corner, then select 'LG Watch Urbane', or whatever yours is called, and 'Watch Battery' should be an option.

Ahmed Moussa1

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
It looks like a mobile signal issue. It happened again as you can see in the screenshot. I turned it off and i had better battery life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160428-232628.jpg
    Screenshot_20160428-232628.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 66

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue, my battery only last for about 4 hours, cellular is turned off, I don't have number sync and using Truphone. This happened after I flashed the Android wear 2.0 preview, as I am having issues GPS with the 2.0, I revert back to the stock firmware. I also noticed the watch is warmer than usual. There seems to be something running and the battery usage is not showing it. I am also using the stock LG Modern watch face.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
So I get very bad battery when I am in a low signal area. About the drain you mentioned. It looks like it struggles too much to hold signal. In a good signal area I have amazing battery life though. I am at 85% with cell on and have cellular enabled. Off charger for 4.5 hours.

daverns

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue, my battery only last for about 4 hours, cellular is turned off, I don't have number sync and using Truphone. This happened after I flashed the Android wear 2.0 preview, as I am having issues GPS with the 2.0, I revert back to the stock firmware. I also noticed the watch is warmer than usual. There seems to be something running and the battery usage is not showing it. I am also using the stock LG Modern watch face.

I am getting pretty good battery life now, off the charger at around 8am, after 4 hours, the battery is at 93% and it's not getting warm anymore.

Here';s what I did, nothing special. :)
- completely drain the battery, I let the watch turn off itself.
- Charge the watch, once booted, I factory reset by forgot from Android wear (phone side)
- Let it boot and pair to the phone
- turn off cell
- reboot
- let it just charge to 100%

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autocascade