Battery Help

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android and hope someone can help me figure out why my battery is draining so fast. I've had the Skyrocket since December, but lately the battery dies within a couple of hours. I don't have WIFI on if I an not in a area with WIFI. When I hit the battery widget it shows Social Hub as using the majority of the battery. What can I do to stop this? Thanks in advance.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
never used social hub on my phone. (or on any phones for that matter) but i just looked at it and it seems that this application can have all your accounts, social networks etc. linked to it and give you updates and notifications. So my guess would be to either significantly decrease the update times if possible or temporarily disable the app and see what happens. when an application updates itself it accesses internet and pulling data from it, all processes that frequently connect to the internet and pull lots of data consume a lot of battery power.

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So my guess would be to either significantly decrease the update times if possible or temporarily disable the app and see what happens. when an application updates itself it accesses internet and pulling data from it, all processes that frequently connect to the internet and pull lots of data consume a lot of battery power.

How do you I do this?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
How do you I do this?

well i just tried to add my email address there and it has an option to refresh the email in certain amount of time the default is 15 minutes. you can lower that to lets say an hour maybe?... but it depends really how many things you have linked to the Social Hub you gonna have to go into each account inside that app and see what the refresh intervals are set to, overall this app seems pretty useless to me but that's because i don't have any social networks and get my email via the gmail application. looks like it could be a real battery hog if configured to refresh often. or you can remove all accounts from there so this way it will not refresh and then see if you get any battery improvements. to do this go to Settings-Applications-Manage Applications-All-Social
Hub-Clear Data

you can see more information in this thread i just found: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/348481-removing-samsung-social-hub.html

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
well i just tried to add my email address there and it has an option to refresh the email in certain amount of time the default is 15 minutes. you can lower that to lets say an hour maybe?... but it depends really how many things you have linked to the Social Hub you gonna have to go into each account inside that app and see what the refresh intervals are set to, overall this app seems pretty useless to me but that's because i don't have any social networks and get my email via the gmail application. looks like it could be a real battery hog if configured to refresh often. or you can remove all accounts from there so this way it will not refresh and then see if you get any battery improvements. to do this go to Settings-Applications-Manage Applications-All-Social
Hub-Clear Data

you can see more information in this thread i just found: Removing Samsung Social Hub - Android Forums

I am removing all the accounts. I will see how that works this weekend. Socal Hub has used 77% of my battery today. Nothing else is anywhere near this. Thanks for your help.