Battery life after June update on ATT

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was getting pretty good battery life 5ish SOT and about 24 hours of use, after the June update I am getting about 2hrs. SOT and about 11 -12 hrs. use. I've done a factory reset and I have gone into most of my apps to stop background data usage and nothing seems to fix this issue. Before this update Android Systems was only using about 7-8% of my battery, now it's jumping up to 20-23%

Has anyone else experienced this as well and have any fixes they could pass on?

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was getting pretty good battery life 5ish SOT and about 24 hours of use, after the June update I am getting about 2hrs. SOT and about 11 -12 hrs. use. I've done a factory reset and I have gone into most of my apps to stop background data usage and nothing seems to fix this issue. Before this update Android Systems was only using about 7-8% of my battery, now it's jumping up to 20-23%

Has anyone else experienced this as well and have any fixes they could pass on?

Thanks
Hi, that's pretty high for Android system be around 20 percent, you can monitor this in safe mode, as it will disable 3rd party apps to see if it's a app problem.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I put it in Safe Mode and that doesn't' seem to have fixed it. Android Systems is still climbing. Been off the charger for almost 5 hours, down to 68% battery (10% SOT at 1:45hrs. and 7% Android System). I was at almost 80% battery when I put it in Saft Mode.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I put it in Safe Mode and that doesn't' seem to have fixed it. Android Systems is still climbing. Been off the charger for almost 5 hours, down to 68% battery (10% SOT at 1:45hrs. and 7% Android System). I was at almost 80% battery when I put it in Saft Mode.
Can you force stop Android system? If so try that and see
Edit: don't forget to see if the usuage goes down you'll need to charge it up to 90 or 95 percent to reset the battery stats

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Outlook app actually uses a lot of battery compared to a lot of other email apps. Any reason why you're using that? You can sync contacts and calendar from your Outlook account without that.
OP did a factory reset do probably everything needs to settle in and adaptive battery to kick in usually about a week time, but I don't use outlook app , I use Samsung email app for outlook.