battery life or software? and data shortcut?

sssgood

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
ok I upgraded to this phone from the lg optimus one, yes a very shotty phone but very durable in ma opinion. Any way I basically love everything about this phone, it fits perfectly in my hands, has perfect rubber grips on the side, comfortable, don't find it slippery (with the screen protectors on both sides). but there are about three quirks that i noticed. first is the batttery life. coming from optimus one winch lasted 3+days with a single charge (never used data on it though), I find the nexus 4 to be just fine. Like I know it has a better/bigger screen and faster processor and stuff but it seems I am getting about 1.5 days (before it drops below 30%) with medium usage and turning on data only when I need it. But the question i had is whats up with the battery indicator, today I had about 19% left and I was like it's gonna die before I get home, but lo and behold it was still 19% 3.5 hrs later o_O. does that mean there was actually more juice than what the software calculated it to have or that in like one minute it would have dropped to 0% and died? Second, is there a shortcut button of some sort to turn on data? just like the one where you press once to turn on wifi/gps/bluetooth/etc on the home screeen? i hate going through the menu and stuff to turn it on. and last but not least, I actually notice the 'loose glass' sound from the camera every time i put the phone on a solid surface =/, kinda worries me . Also is it normal for the touch screen to lag in very cold weather? like today I took the phone out of my pocket at like -35 and after a minute i found the touch sensitivity to be kind of lacking. Otherwise I love this phone :D

heroman24

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Download Power Toggles widget(free from Play store) to turn on wifi or data with one click.
ok I upgraded to this phone from the lg optimus one, yes a very shotty phone but very durable in ma opinion. Any way I basically love everything about this phone, it fits perfectly in my hands, has perfect rubber grips on the side, comfortable, don't find it slippery (with the screen protectors on both sides). but there are about three quirks that i noticed. first is the batttery life. coming from optimus one winch lasted 3+days with a single charge (never used data on it though), I find the nexus 4 to be just fine. Like I know it has a better/bigger screen and faster processor and stuff but it seems I am getting about 1.5 days (before it drops below 30%) with medium usage and turning on data only when I need it. But the question i had is whats up with the battery indicator, today I had about 19% left and I was like it's gonna die before I get home, but lo and behold it was still 19% 3.5 hrs later o_O. does that mean there was actually more juice than what the software calculated it to have or that in like one minute it would have dropped to 0% and died? Second, is there a shortcut button of some sort to turn on data? just like the one where you press once to turn on wifi/gps/bluetooth/etc on the home screeen? i hate going through the menu and stuff to turn it on. and last but not least, I actually notice the 'loose glass' sound from the camera every time i put the phone on a solid surface =/, kinda worries me . Also is it normal for the touch screen to lag in very cold weather? like today I took the phone out of my pocket at like -35 and after a minute i found the touch sensitivity to be kind of lacking. Otherwise I love this phone :D

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
In Android 4.2, many of these widgets are no longer able to simply turn something on or off as they did in previous versions of the OS.

Now, supposedly for security reasons, widgets and apps have far less direct control of OS features. So, a WiFi toggle widget now may only be able to take you directly to the appropriate Settings page where you have to manually make the change.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

If you never used data on your old phone, its completely reasonable that you would see a drop in battery life when occasionally using it now.

Also, LCDs tend to take longer to refresh if you let them get good and cold. I would say -35 would do that pretty quickly.

The rattle you are hearing is the autofocus mechanism. If you shake your phone, you would hear it more if you shake front to back than side to side. Either way, its normal for it to rattle a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Try Widgetsoid. Best power toggle widget available in my opinion. Looks better and has more settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp