Battery Life Solid

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I received my Nexus 9 on Saturday (Nov 29), charged it to 100% and maybe 30min after it hit this. The tablet just died this morning at 5:45am EST. I was browsing the web a lot, updates for Lollipop and my apps that I downloaded / updated and took a picture - yes just one.

That's pretty solid in my books, I started charging at 5:55am EST and as of now (9:40am EST) it's at 87%. That seems pretty standard for a charging time, then again my iPad is always less than 2 hours from 0 - 100%.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I received my Nexus 9 on Saturday (Nov 29), charged it to 100% and maybe 30min after it hit this. The tablet just died this morning at 5:45am EST. I was browsing the web a lot, updates for Lollipop and my apps that I downloaded / updated and took a picture - yes just one.

That's pretty solid in my books, I started charging at 5:55am EST and as of now (9:40am EST) it's at 87%. That seems pretty standard for a charging time, then again my iPad is always less than 2 hours from 0 - 100%.

I have both an N7 and now the N9. I think the Nexus 9 is very comparable to the N7 in battery time. I fully charge my N9 and it lasts a complete day without charging. I'm not doing a lot of things with my tablet, but gaming, surfing the internet, reading books... No problems whatsoever in regards to battery life.

J

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I received my Nexus 9 on Saturday (Nov 29), charged it to 100% and maybe 30min after it hit this. The tablet just died this morning at 5:45am EST..

Great post and thanks of the info. Just wanted to point out you should NEVER let Li-ion batteries drop to zero or even 2%. Li-Ion battery has no memory effects, so you can charge it at any battery level, unplug from charger at any battery level. Each battery has limited numbers of cycle of discharge before it's capacity drops below certain threshold. Its the number of cycles that is used as an indicator of the battery life.

Your Li-ion battery only has between 300-500 full discharges cycles. A full cycle is when it almost discharges and hits zero charge. Read more here. How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Great post and thanks of the info. Just wanted to point out you should NEVER let Li-ion batteries drop to zero or even 2%. Li-Ion battery has no memory effects, so you can charge it at any battery level, unplug from charger at any battery level. Each battery has limited numbers of cycle of discharge before it's capacity drops below certain threshold. Its the number of cycles that is used as an indicator of the battery life.

Your Li-ion battery only has between 300-500 full discharges cycles. A full cycle is when it almost discharges and hits zero charge. Read more here. How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

This is useful and just to inform everyone, if you tablet gets to 50% and you charge to 100% and do the same thing again (50 to 100) that counts as 1 full cycle. Hitting 0-2% isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just doesn't really matter since it's on cycles.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29