Battery loss during screen off

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Had my unlocked S21+ for a couple of weeks. I notice my battery is draining about 15% overnight. As a comparison, my Note 9 goes down about 4% overnight. I have no wakelocks according to betterbatterstats. My deep sleep was 87% with screen off.
Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Pat Callaghan Jr.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you wake up in the morning and check the battery stats, what shows as using the most battery?

How's your cell signal?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're talking about Samsung One UI Home (i.e., the launcher), and not some kind of smart home app, right? Try clearing its cache, then force stopping it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the meantime, try clearing the cache and force stopping Quickbooks Time, then open it again.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I personally just put it on extreme battery saver while I sleep. It keeps the inevitable android drain down to half a percent per hour. Not great, but it's the best I've seen in an Android that's actually got useful apps and is used to it's full potential.

I say this because I use a Note 4 for emulation, and I've stripped it of any and all apps that don't have anything to do with emulating games, and when I put that in extreme battery saver, it barely loses anything. But then again, it's not a phone at this point, it's a PSP/Dreamcast/PS1/GBA/SNES/NES/Genesis.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
I have an app on my S21U called CCleaner. One of its features is I can use it to close all non-essential background apps. I usually run it once a day (takes about 20 seconds) and it closes 35-40 things running. I don't know if that improves battery life but I regularly get 3+ days out of a single charge.

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Indeed, but now we've got to the bottom of that I thought something that doesn't involve turning things you may want to use off might be good.

Thanks. I found another app that recreates a LED notification instead of AODnotify. It does not use the AOD, which I have never used on a phone before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish