Battery Reader or Battery Level Question

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I have this app called Battery Monitor which gives the actual battery percentage in 1% increments. When my Photon gets to about 30%, the level suddenly drops down to 20%. The battery status bar seems to show this drop too. Not sure why this is the case and this is the first phone I've used where this has occurred. It happens pretty much every time. Never really noticed it before because I never let the battery drop that far before. What could be causing the problem? Is it something wrong with the reader? Do I have to recalibrate my battery to fix this? And if so, how do I do that? I am not rooted.

Thanks!

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Do I have to recalibrate my battery to fix this? And if so, how do I do that? I am not rooted.

Thanks!

I'm not sure about Battery Monitor as I don't use it, but to calibrate your battery, just let it run down until the phone shuts off, then plug it in and charge to 100%. This only needs to be done once every month or two. Give it a shot and see if it helps.

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about Battery Monitor as I don't use it, but to calibrate your battery, just let it run down until the phone shuts off, then plug it in and charge to 100%. This only needs to be done once every month or two. Give it a shot and see if it helps.

Gave it a try and still the same issue.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Sure it isn't just the phone's kernel? The moto devices read natively in 10% increments

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Circle Battery Widget and do not experience the drop you describe. Maybe try a different app and see if the problem duplicates in it.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I just use,"battery widget" it's like the first one in the play store listings... No strange drops.

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
OK...I'll give those apps a shot. I am not rooted, though, so I don't know how the kernel would affect anything.

I did use circle battery widget with my Samsung Epic and wasn't the biggest fan.

bchoward123

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand any of these posts. 'Sorry. I just bought a Google Nexus 7 tablet. It has a teeny tiny icon showing a battery. My question is: How do I know what the exact level of the battery charge is? It doesn't show percentages like my iPad2. How do I know when it is completed charged? How do I know when it is down to 30% or whatever? :(

lapk78

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I also have Battery Monitor. The version that works with our Photons is not available in the play store... I found it on the developer's website. I've had no problems w/ it, though. Try GSam Battery Monitor - it used to be called 'Badass Battery', or something like that. It works well.

Reactions: bchoward123

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones