Battery robbing apps?

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello! My battery goes pretty quick. I have GPS and bluetooth off. I have advanced task killer also. It does kill some apps but they come right back. If I make a list of all the aps running on my phone is there some where or place I can go to find out which ones I dont need and how to remove those apps? Thanks! Im still new to Android.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Advanced task killer will hurt battery life more than it'll help. Ur phone will keep starting them back up.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello! My battery goes pretty quick. I have GPS and bluetooth off. I have advanced task killer also. It does kill some apps but they come right back. If I make a list of all the aps running on my phone is there some where or place I can go to find out which ones I dont need and how to remove those apps? Thanks! Im still new to Android.

Is there anything unusual showing under battery use (Menu, Settings, Battery) that may hint at what could be using a lot of battery? Did the increased drain seem to start after installing any new apps or app updates? Any noticeable change in signal strength (poor signal can cause increased battery drain as the phone has to work harder to find and connect to it)?

Below are a few apps that can help troubleshoot what's going on with battery drain. I'd try CPU Spy first to gauge if the phone is going into deep sleep or not, then try one of the others to get more information on what may be the culprit:

CPU Spy:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.bvalosek.cpuspy&token=whvud2wp

BetterBatteryStats:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ksven.betterbatterystats&hl=en&token=Wrz4zTee

GSam Battery Monitor
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&token=RxdjeitF

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Outstanding! Thats great! I dont see anything under battery life other than the screen and I have the brightness set about half way. Unless there is another setting Im missing?

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Just an update. I installed all of those apps and so far nothing out of the ordinary to see. So, I guess it's just normal battery consumption. Thanks.

tomskag

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
If you're rooted, try and use greenify with X posed framework. It hibernate stubborn apps like Facebook.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're rooted, try and use greenify with X posed framework. It hibernate stubborn apps like Facebook.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

There's gotta be something else going on. I keep my Note 2 screen at full brightness and keep Bluetooth, Wifi and GPS on all the time and last time I checked I had 79% left after 7 hours 37 minutes. Over 2 hours of screen time. Stock battery.

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I wish I knew what the problem is. Still having battery issues. I have GPS, bluethooth, and wifi off and still battery goes dead pretty fast. What is rooted and all of that?

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the razr maxx I was spoiled by the amazing battery life I was getting. The Note 2 comes in a close second if you asked me. But its hands down the best phone I ever had. Now someone else recommended I go into my app manager and disable as many bloatware and useless apps from Samsung and Verizon. Let me tell you it worked. My battery life on the Note 2 became much better. Give it a shot.