Battery saver

Danny0311

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
I switched my 2 Gmail accounts from the Gmail app to the samsung default email app, and I'm saving a lot of battery. Probably something that people know about anyway, but it's new to me.🤪😜

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Village_Idiot

Banned
Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Did you disable the Gmail app too?

I switched my Gmail accounts to the Samsung Email app too. I wanted to lower my Google app usage footprint. I still use Outlook for my Microsoft accounts (both work and personal).

Danny0311

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
Now i've started to use the default calendar app. For me it's just as good as google calendar. I've used Google phones for years, but I've found that Google apps work better on Google phones. The more I use the default phone apps, the better battery life I get. Just my personal opinion.

Village_Idiot

Banned
Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Now i've started to use the default calendar app. For me it's just as good as google calendar. I've used Google phones for years, but I've found that Google apps work better on Google phones. The more I use the default phone apps, the better battery life I get. Just my personal opinion.
Actually, I think it is better than Google Calendar. You can write on it using your S Pen, and create calendar events using your S Pen. The only downside is that writing on it only works when it is monthly view. Otherwise it is a really solid calendar app; better than Google's.

Village_Idiot

Banned
Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I have multiple Samsung devices, and Samsung Calendar syncs across them no problem. If you have a non-Samsung Android, that could be problematic. Although, I'm pretty sure you can download Samsung Calendar from Google Play.

P.S. I just checked the Google Play store, you can get several of the Samsung apps from it; to include Samsung Calendar and Email. I don't think you need a Samsung account to sync across devices though. Obviously, you wouldn't have the S Pen goodness, but that wouldn't be much different than the experience on a non-S Pen capable Samsung device.

You do have a good point though earlier. I am now thinking about accessing all of my Microsoft and Gmail accounts directly from Outlook.

P.P.S. I am accessing my Gmail accounts from the Outlook app too. I don't like to cross pollinate, so we will see how this goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danny0311

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have multiple Samsung devices, and Samsung Calendar syncs across them no problem. If you have a non-Samsung Android, that could be problematic. Although, I'm pretty sure you can download Samsung Calendar from Google Play.

P.S. I just checked the Google Play store, you can get several of the Samsung apps from it; to include Samsung Calendar and Email. I don't think you need a Samsung account to sync across devices though. Obviously, you wouldn't have the S Pen goodness, but that wouldn't be much different than the experience on a non-S Pen capable Samsung device.

You do have a good point though earlier. I am now thinking about accessing all of my Microsoft and Gmail accounts directly from Outlook.

P.P.S. I am accessing my Gmail accounts from the Outlook app too. I don't like to cross pollinate, so we will see how this goes.
I'm not seeing Samsung calendar app on the Play store

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope... You can't install that on a non galaxy device. Here is what I get when I go to that link on my pixel

8258cedfaa2166cc8ca38239be0b777c.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek